DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

It's official... Moved to Florida.

eaglesurfing

eaglesurfing
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Made the move this week. South Central Florida.

Still unpacking and setting up. Will be making a trip back for the rest of our stuff next week.

Six family members came down (from Michigan) the next day for vacation and to help set up.

Really will not miss the cold weather in Michigan.

Will be following you there in a year or two! Let me know if you find some good places to fly...

Reactions: Steel63
I want to be down there so bad! It’s beautiful down there and the state is so much better than IL!

Made the move this week. South Central Florida.

Still unpacking and setting up. Will be making a trip back for the rest of our stuff next week.

Six family members came down (from Michigan) the next day for vacation and to help set up.

Really will not miss the cold weather in Michigan.
Welcome to the land of sunshine, and the three H's. e.g.: Heat, humidity, and Hurrricanes. Be we do have a common sense governor whom I LOVE, with a lot more freedoms and no lockdowns, as opposed to Greta. I will probably be censored for that.

By the way, my wife was from Detroit (Birmingham) Michigan and I was married in Detroit. A nice city in the summer.

Dale
Miami,Florida

Will be following you there in a year or two! Let me know if you find some good places to fly...
I was told that there are 63 lakes in the central Florida and several close to where I live.

There are several location to chose from.

Then there are the golf and ocean side which is 2 hours from us either way

Welcome to the land of sunshine, and the three H's. e.g.: Heat, humidity, and Hurrricanes. Be we do have a common sense governor whom I LOVE, with a lot more freedoms and no lockdowns, as opposed to Greta. I will probably be censored for that.

By the way, my wife was from Detroit (Birmingham) Michigan and I was married in Detroit. A nice city in the summer.

Dale
Miami,Florida
You forgot one phrase that begins with "H", "HORRENDOUS drivers". Spent a lot of time in the Orlando area in the last 12 years (worked Seasonal at Disney World about 4 times a year / 5-6 weeks at a trip - pre COVID) and the Central FL area has to have the worst drivers in the country. You learn 3 things right away, 1. Central FL has a magnetic force field that makes car turn signals inoperative to every car but yours,, 2. People think there must be one hell of a prize for getting to the red light first (everyone wants to speed to them), and 3. Merge signs mean (for those in the merge lane) "get the hell out of my way"!

Have one daughter that lives in Windermere so we still go visit and go the the parks but I do still dread driving in the area.

Last edited:
Your transition to Florida life will go much better if you realize that you aren't the only one who likes the "laid back" lifestyle. Everyone else there likes it too, and when a contractor or other business tells you they will do it tomorrow, you need to understand, they probably won't do it tomorrow. The only thing you can be sure of is, they sure as heck won't do it today!

Another free tip is red light etiquette. It is OK to go thru the intersection if the light is green or if you can remember when it was green. I recommend waiting a bit when it turns green, just in case someone who remembers it green straggles thru the intersection.

Greetings from ? Ormond Beach Florida .95 and rising i love it ? you will to it beats shoving snow.

Reactions: eaglesurfing
Welcome to Florida. Sounds like you might be in Highlands County. I just did a video on a bargain home in a MH park there. I'm using drone photos (among other things) to build an educational network for those considering manufactured housing communities here.

Reactions: eaglesurfing
Welcome to Florida. Sounds like you might be in Highlands County. I just did a video on a bargain home in a MH park there. I'm using drone photos (among other things) to build an educational network for those considering manufactured housing communities here.
Oh yeah we are in the Lake Placid area. Tried to get into Sebring area but was not as lucky with the housing bidding wars.
Did my homework with Sink holes, taxes, crime and utilities. I had to settle on the last one. Also I had to make sure we are not in a flood zone. We had a great test with yesterday weather and our place past with flying colors.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gplunk99