DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

It's this illegal?

What I don’t understand is why anyone here might even post a link to this donkey or clowns like him? There are plenty of these fools on YouTube.

What I don’t understand is why anyone here might even post a link to this donkey or clowns like him? There are plenty of these fools on YouTube.
Just to show how some people buy a drone and think that they don't need to follow any rule or the rules don't apply to them.

In his latest video he's sitting in his car flying. In the comments he claims to see his Mavic when its over a mile away...
I will do the same thing but in a remote or desolated place, not in a downtown like center city of Philadelphia. That's just reckless behavior.

Reactions: Gringorio
We care because the way stupid people behave with thier drones affect us all, when they quit selling them to unlicensed operators you might start caring too. Or when the battery pops loose and the drone plummets to the earth killing someone he will probably start caring as they sue him for everything he owns or will ever own he may care...

Duh

We care because the way stupid people behave with thier drones affect us all, when they quit selling them to unlicensed operators you might start caring too. Or when the battery pops loose and the drone plummets to the earth killing someone he will probably start caring as they sue him for everything he owns or will ever own he may care...

Duh
THEY don't care about anyone but themselves.

Again, flying over people, clearly over 400' and while sitting in his car flying out of visual line of sight. If you're concerned about this you can report him here:

Bob Possumato
Aviation Safety Inspector (Operations)
Philadelphia Flight Standards District Office
2 International Plaza, Suite 110
Philadelphia, PA 19113-1504
Office: (610) 595-1500 Ext. 28
[email protected]

/QUOTE]
This should have been the 2nd post and thread closed!

Last edited:
Reactions: ChoccyBoy

Duh
I agree, the FAA number should need to be presented to even purchase a drone. That way at least people would KNOW that they are screwing up before they do it.
Also, can you imagine how crazy it would be to be the very first drone pilot to actually kill or cause permanent injury to someone? I am not sure how you would even accomplish that feat even if you wanted to........ Though, daily, some idiots are trying to.

Bob Possumato
Aviation Safety Inspector (Operations)
Philadelphia Flight Standards District Office
2 International Plaza, Suite 110
Philadelphia, PA 19113-1504
Office: (610) 595-1500 Ext. 28
[email protected]
I sent an email to Bob Possumato with the link of the YouTube video. So I can obtain legal info from someone from the FAA to see if it's valid or not to fly in a downtown like Philadelphia.

Reactions: ChoccyBoy and ac0j
I foresee stricter licensing, background check and registration when you buy it. Then the same thing if you want to sell it to someone else, requiring you to go to a dealer to transfer ownership etc. the second amendment don’t cover drones...

I sent an email to Bob Possumato with the link of the YouTube video. So I can obtain legal info from someone from the FAA to see if it's valid or not to fly in a downtown like Philadelphia.
Where is the reply to the email?

As far as I can tell the only rule he broke was potentially flying beyond VLOS . No restrictions as far as GeoMapping. Few cars. No visible crowds of people that he flew over. Flew up next to buildings within 400 feet from the top of the buildings. He may have even had a Visual Observer that was not noted in the video that kept the drone in sight for the duration of the flight. We dont know about this point.

Reckless? Well thats a point of debate.

I would find the video in which a videographer / drone pilot that flew low to the ground towards a newly married couple and hit them both straight on while beginning a kiss to be quite reckless. There were no buildings or people besides themselves nearby and the drone was not flown OVER them , but instead right towards them at the same level as thier heads.

That's one of his videos but he also flew at night or very early in the morning when it's dark. I like the guy but I am sure that flying in center city Philadelphia is totally against the FAA law.

Ask the FAA, they are the one that determines the illegality of action. No one's opinion here means a single thing other than an opinion.

?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sevimli