DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Jerky video

OmariR

Reactions
I recently bought the mavic2 pro, and I am noticing that when I am recordeing video...I can see a jerking in the video on my display. When I download the videos onto my laptop and play them, I am seeing the same jerky video quality.
Does anyone know of any reason that would be happening?

... I am seeing the same jerky video quality.
Does anyone know of any reason that would be happening?
Two main reasons for jerky video is a SD card that is too slow or shutter speed that is too fast. Use a SD card rated U3 and use neutral-density filters to slow down the shutter speed. Posting a sample video will help figure it out.

I am using a SanDisk Extreme 128GB MicroSDXC UHS-1 card. With other cards I have tried, I get a "SD card too slow" notification in the GO4App.

I just uploaded a sample video onto youtube, but when I play it on there it seems fine. When I play it on my computer, there are glitches in the video. Not a smooth flow.

Also sent it to a friend of mine to watch, and he said it's doing the same thing for him

are you using the VLC video player? I had the same problem but only when I played the video with that player. When I've tried the same videos with other players I see no jerking.

Reactions: Thomas B and OmariR
are you using the VLC video player? I had the same problem but only when I played the video with that player. When I've tried the same videos with other players I see no jerking.
Yes, I am using that video player. Thank you. I will try using a different one and see if that makes a difference

Just as a long-shot guess.... Are you downloading the video that has been cached on your device (phone or tablet), or are you downloading the video from the MicroSD card (or the internal memory in the M2)?

The video saved on your phone or tablet is video that has been transmitted from the drone to your controller. What you see on your device screen while in flight is also being recorded on your device.

Since you see flicker on your phone/tablet screen, it could be that your phone or tablet is older and doesn't have the horsepower to properly decode the HD video from the M2. In this case the flicker you are seeing would also be recorded on your phone/tablet. (What phone or tablet are you using)?

The video on the MicroSD card is video that has been recorded directly from the camera to the card. If you're removing the MicroSD card from the drone and viewing that video on your laptop, then it should be OK and you can disregard my reply :)

I was surprised when I found my video jerky while playing it in JetAudio. When played with vlc, it was smooth. I guess one really needs to experiment with various video players to find one that works. JetAudio did not complain about the codecs but obviously has issues with my Mavic Zoom videos.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe