DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Jersey Droners Mission Ideal (Saturday June 15th 6:30am-9:30am)

• Thread starter Deleted member 94307
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 94307

The mission location is Ideal Beach. This is a public location that is patrolled by local police. It is not a park. (Old Bridge Waterfront will be our back up location in the event of any issues. I have talked to police about the Old Bridge location and we are cleared to fly there early in the morning)

From Ideal Beach you can stay over the beach, view picturesque Bay Shore Waterfront Park, capture views of New York City, and possible views of Navy ships.

It is extremely important that we all fly responsibly and in accordance with FAA Rules. Maintaining VLOS is required because of low flying Coastguard and Military helicopters. Strobes are highly recommended. If I understand the new rules correctly we are required to stay 3000 feet away from Naval vessels. There is a good chance that navy vessels will be spotted from the location.

Make sure to RSVP if you are coming.(either here or on meetup)

If attendance is low, I know a place that will get us a better view of Navy Ships, but it's not big enough for more than a few UAVs. Ideal Beach is far enough away that it will keep people out of trouble.. This is close to a location at which if you don't follow the rules you might not see your drone again or you might find yourself being questioned by MPs.. or DHS.., but it is outside of restricted airspace.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Order66
I can't get out there this time (headed to TN for a wedding and hopefully some flying), but I'll keep an eye out for another meet!

Thanks for that info.. all the more reason to fly with caution .. so far everyone who has joined Jersey Droners has been extremely responsible.

Gord I would have loved to meet with you guys but I will be camping this upcoming weekend. Be safe and have a great time.

Have a great time... join us next week!

It might be Mission Hercules Info coming soon.....

I’m trying to find a good flight that doesn’t involve water...or at least not the ocean lol

That sounds safe..

We are always trying to find a place with history but with enough space for small group to fly..

We did lighthouse, boat graveyard, and abandoned area in south river/train bridge.

This is my first shot of posting a flight log. Let me know if you can view it

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2019-06-15_[09-01-47]log.zip
    810 KB · Views: 2
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000