DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Jessops UK Orders

It's a strange situation that's developed here with the Mavic......I agree with trog that they (dji and stores) shouldn't be promoting a product that quite clearly has an issue being produced in the numbers needed but at the same time in a normal environment people would cancel and walk away but as Peterev says there's nothing like it and so long as companies like Jessops don't take our money then people can afford to wait! But I think back to someone saying the DJI can only produce 200 a day.....I'm thinking that might actually be true.

The CEO of DJI is a hard nosed player like many Chinese and although I'm sure he's shouting a lot at people over the Mavic supply issues I'm sure he's not losing sleep over it because he's got plenty of other products and unlike GoPro his company is still on the up so he's going to remain bullish and those still waiting will still stand in the queue......but remember DJI will price their technology to make it hard for others to get into the market so it'll be a long time for an alternative to show, if ever, so as frustrated and disappointed as I am nobody has my money yet so a patient pleb is what I need to be!

I got a call earlier too saying my mavic is now in stock and they took my card details again.

Seems there is light at the end of the tunnel....

Has yours been dispatched yet? Kind of expected mine to have gone by now.

Nope...order still being processed.....only thing that has changed is it no longer says on 'back order'
That's a good sign... Some of the other guys had the same thing then bang, it's on your doorstep! Keep the faith! Haha

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I ordered on the 10th October and am patiently waiting, but I really would like it soon, so I can play with it before a holiday I have planned.

I am going to NeC drone show and I am going to have it out with Dji on the stand. See what they have to say to my face.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
that's called shooting the messenger. Do you really reckon the UK events/sales team can do anything about this situation? I think you will be spending your energy on making yourself and someone else angry, and achieve nothing

4d6ff69ba85db3dfebae50567f6c948b.jpg

By xmas [emoji58]

It's a strange situation that's developed here with the Mavic......I agree with trog that they (dji and stores) shouldn't be promoting a product that quite clearly has an issue being produced in the numbers needed but at the same time in a normal environment people would cancel and walk away but as Peterev says there's nothing like it and so long as companies like Jessops don't take our money then people can afford to wait! But I think back to someone saying the DJI can only produce 200 a day.....I'm thinking that might actually be true.

The CEO of DJI is a hard nosed player like many Chinese and although I'm sure he's shouting a lot at people over the Mavic supply issues I'm sure he's not losing sleep over it because he's got plenty of other products and unlike GoPro his company is still on the up so he's going to remain bullish and those still waiting will still stand in the queue......but remember DJI will price their technology to make it hard for others to get into the market so it'll be a long time for an alternative to show, if ever, so as frustrated and disappointed as I am nobody has my money yet so a patient pleb is what I need to be!
That 200 a day I posted here as it was posted on the dji forum a while back saying that someone in China has posted this info ..... I still think they are somewhere between 200 to 500 a day at the most ...

Sent from my SM-G925F using MavicPilots mobile app

Same. Fingers crossed we get it for tomorrow :)
You guys will get a tracking number by tomorrow and have your drone within 24 hours from then. At least that's how it worked for me.
The weather has been atrocious so only a couple of flights in the back garden for me so far.. I'm new to the drone world and 10m seemed awfully high. Couldn't get it to RTH despite achieving 23m in height, although I preferred not to try again as the proximity of trees was too much of a risk in my lack of experience in trusting full automation, preferring to bring it back under full control. This aircraft is so easy to fly, especially knowing that if there is any risk at all, just stop your current manoeuvre and let it hover. It holds station so unbelievably well, giving you time to re-assess and check all instruments and risk assess the locale. I'm thrilled with the Mavic!

Last edited:
You guys will get a tracking number by tomorrow and have your drone within 24 hours from then. At least that's how it worked for me.
The weather has been atrocious so only a couple of flights in the back garden for me so far.. I'm new to the drone world and 10m seemed awfully high. Couldn't get it to RTH despite achieving 23m in height, although I preferred not to try again as the proximity of trees was too much of a risk in my lack of experience in trusting full automation, preferring to bring it back under full control. This aircraft is so easy to fly, especially knowing that if there is any risk at all, just stop your current manoeuvre and let it hover. It holds station so unbelievably well, giving you time to re-assess and check all instruments and risk assess the locale. I'm thrilled with the Mavic!

Yup got my tracking number earlier....with a promise of delivery tomorrow (Tuesday)

Almost there !!!

Reactions: Rick and Will Vardy
I ordered on the 4th oct. I see 29th sept is dispatched... Anyone between these dates had theirs dispatched?

What did you order .. drone or combo ??

I ordered a drone and battery on the 2nd October, not heard anything yet.

that's called shooting the messenger. Do you really reckon the UK events/sales team can do anything about this situation? I think you will be spending your energy on making yourself and someone else angry, and achieve nothing

Yes but it will make me feel better that I can voice my frustrations. Nothing like having a bit of negativity at an event. It is a manufacturers nightmare. They are still representatives of DJi even if they are only the messengers. Maybe they will feedback to the mothership the concerns of their customers.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart