DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

joeruby Virtual Litchi Mission, Google Earth Pro error?

joeruby

Reactions
I have been creating and flying Litchi waypoint missions, and also using Virtual Litchi Mission VLM. Everything has been working fine for several months, and then last night I get the below errors every time I try to analyze, or virtual-fly a mission. These are missions that worked OK before yesterday.

Is google now charging me to get elevation data?

I have looked at the links in the error message below, but still don't know what to do to get VLM working with elevation data again.

Google has an account for me and a credit card, but I still can't get the elevation data. This happens on two different computers, but on my same account.

I am lost as what to do next. The VLM software is/was fantastic.

Error message received when I use VLM to export a csv file to google Earth Pro:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
9:34:14 AM VLM Server Status - OK
9:34:14 AM Google Earth Status - OK
9:34:15 AM Watch Folder is C:\Users\JoeRu\Documents

9:34:38 AM New CSV detected - carefree 01
9:34:38 AM Altitudes in this csv file are in Feet
9:34:38 AM CSV File OK - 22 Waypoints Processed
9:34:38 AM Warning - No heading specified for WP22
9:34:38 AM Number of POI used for this mission is 0
9:34:39 AM Google Elevation API returned error
9:34:39 AM REQUEST_DENIED - You must enable Billing on the Google Cloud Projectassociated to this client ID, at Google Cloud Platform more at Maps Platform Migration Guide | Google Maps APIs Premium Plan | Google Developers
9:34:39 AM Error Getting WP Ground Elevations from Google Earth
9:34:39 AM Error Correcting Waypoint Altitudes for reference
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am getting the exact same thing. I have been using this for months and now this error thing started today. I tried on three different computers and the same thing. Crap.

Temporary workaround is to use Google Chrome extension and it works without any errors.
Please refer below.

Reactions: joeruby
I am having the same problem now with Google Earth. The elevation date is not working in Google Earth. I get the same crap message about enabling billing in Google Cloud Project.I have created a mission in VLM and tried to export it to Google Earth and when I fly the mission, although I am 30m above ground on a hill it is showing me as negative height above ground until I fly down the hill and then gain altitue above 30m above ground........hard to explain hope this makes sense.

Please any one knows how to fix this error?

Reactions: scdronemedia
Yes thanks so much it is OK and working now. Had me scared last night. And today when I tried to fly the mission I can see how dangerous it is to make assumptions on height.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gottawonder