DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

July 25 it is..

Just logged onto Instagram and I had a video on my feed from DJI, "Double Up".
It's gotta be the Air 3.
Pretty safe assumption. The graphic shows what looks like the shape of the camera based on the leaks. It will be interesting to hear how the camera measures up to the A2S.

Reactions: DanJ
For those planning to buy the Air 3, this isn't a case of "fool me once...."

Two cameras on the Air 3. Perhaps three cameras on the Air 3 Pro a year or two later?

Take a page from the Mavic 3 2-camera folks who would have waited for the Mavic 3 Pro 3-camera; does that not apply here? It's basically the same thing. What am I missing?

;)

• Haha
Reactions: costica1234
If you wait for the next upgraded drone, you'll never buy anything and miss out. I just bought a
refurbished Mavic 3. I won't kick myself, I'll just but the new model and keep both.:cool:
There is always something better around the corner, so stressing about what future models will (or will not) have is pretty pointless. I am sure the Air 3 will be an amazing product that many will enjoy. 🙃
Understandable but that's not what I am suggesting. Perhaps if someone doesn't have a lot of money to spend or don't really need to latest and greatest immediately or don't have the resources to do a lot of research, with this launch I am suggesting perhaps old DJI drone customers should take a page from the Mavic 3 launch (where many drone customers were frustrated and unhappy) and maybe consider waiting around a little bit longer (but not forever) to see if DJI will launch something new for BF or the Holidays. The rumor mill is pretty good on DJI products, why not wait to see if something comes up?

Or, like I have done, maybe now might be a good time to alternate skip every other DJI drone launch now that they are coming out a little faster. DJI seems to be speeding up the launch cadence so customers should revisit their purchase strategy taking this into account, make their own adjustment, and customer won't end up "never buy anything and miss out" but smarter buying considering the prices are going thru the roof and this isn't 2018 any longer (meaning some people cannot afford to buy a new drone every year).

If you are new and this is your first drone, go for it. But you can do this without stressing, you just have to be smart and look for a pattern. But I agree with you, it's not for everyone. Most people just need to buy whatever is put in front of them and go from there. Seems to me the Air crowd and the Mavic crowd face similar challenges so wouldn't it be cool if the Air crowd could benefit for the Mavic learnings? I'm sure the Mavic 3 and Classic are great drones but you cannot deny what you saw with that M3Pro launch and if you didn't feel the pain, maybe it's irrelevant. The Air 3 has Air 3S and Air 3 Pro written all over it; ymmv.

I'm excited to find out just exactly what the official specs will be and what RC's are compatible with it, including FPV. The weight I've seen is 710 grams, the M3 Classic is 895 grams, so clearly smaller and lighter like the Air series should be. Might be a fun aircraft for FPV.

How quickly will reviews be available? Have YT "influencers" had the drone for testing pre-launch?
The influencers video’s usually hit YT as soon as the launch announcement goes public or within minutes of it happening. Those are (most of the time) the ones that gush over any new drone like it’s a “game changer” that make it a must-have, so take them with a grain of salt. I try to in’s the ones that offer file downloads to check out the IQ from the cameras for review.

Reactions: thispilothere
Not to pile on; but if the aircraft serves the purpose you purchased it for, you should feel no regret. One of the most memorable photos I ever took was with my Mavic Pro. That photo (16” X 20”), sits over my fireplace and I love what that drone allowed me to do every day.
Our field is one of the fastest-paced technologies today. Enjoy the ride!

Last edited:
On launch day,the 25th of July when all of the early reviewers can release their results.
More interested in when the regular drone pilots order and get their Air 3 units to review.
Did seem substantially 'heftier' in the hand, but really looking forward to see how those cameras compare to it's predecessors.

I for one who got burnt with the Mavic 3 promise of releasing SDK and not following through will not be rushing in again.
Now I have a drone that won't run third party apps, that has been superseded Ty two other models.
I hope others like me will hang back to see if they the release the SDK, and any other versions of the air 3.
I hope it sells poorly for them due to the ******** the did with the M3...

I for one who got burnt with the Mavic 3 promise of releasing SDK and not following through will not be rushing in again.
Now I have a drone that won't run third party apps, that has been superseded Ty two other models.
I hope others like me will hang back to see if they the release the SDK, and any other versions of the air 3.
I hope it sells poorly for them due to the ******** the did with the M3...
Lack of an SDK will stop no one from getting the Air 3.And sorry to say I would expect sales
to be very strong.Get an Air 2 or one of the older models that have SDK and run it on that.
Not having SDK on a brand new release is by no means a deal breaker.Pilots waiting for the release
of the Air 3 I am sure can get by without having an SDK on it quite nicely.

It is on DJI website now. With that screen remote, it cost alot more.

What a let down. Same camera sensor size as the Mini 3 series.

It’s a total let down going from a 1 inch sensor. I guess most newbies only care about the MP number and not the sensor size number.. the new transmission system seems promising but I think for that price I would rather shell out a few more hundred and get the Mavic classic.. which very well could be there strategy.

It’s a total let down going from a 1 inch sensor. I guess most newbies only care about the MP number and not the sensor size number.. the new transmission system seems promising but I think for that price I would rather shell out a few more hundred and get the Mavic classic.. which very well could be there strategy.
You already knew what the sensors sizes would be before it was released.

Meh. As we were expecting.
O4 looks good but it doesn’t get me enough over the Mini 3 Pro to warrant the price or more restricted places I can fly.

Well? Out of curiosity, I pulled out my DJI RC and RC-Pro to see if there are any updates today in regards to the Air 3 release. No update at all for the DJI RC but the RC-Pro had a Fly update and a FW update. The Fly update said adds support for the Air 3 so I thought COOL! But nope, the Air3 is not in the connection list and is not supported by the DJI RC or the RC-Pro.

Reactions: Torque
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d