DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just a dumb question

JMC3

Reactions
Under the DJI warranty if the damage is caused by an unauthorized part being used the warranty can be invalidated. Would a skin fall into that category?

Since it would fall under 3rd party parts I would say yes but with a skin it is very easy to remove before sending in for warranty I would think.

I shouldn’t think a skin would be a problem. Just like a registration sticker only bigger. But I would remove it before I sent it. If they are looking for a reason not to honor a warranty, that could be it.
Regards

Would a skin fall into that category?
Yes. However, I've never heard of anyone mentioning applying a skin negatively affected their warranty claim. So, I'm thinking this is a non-issue.

I’m not saying it would cause the damage it could be caused by wind or signal loss but would DJI use it as an excuse. Looking at the Refresh warranty if seems DJI is fair considering they would replace several drones without blinking. I just want to be sure

Reactions: Gagey52
@JMC3 if you do have to send in your drone under the refresh ,then it only takes a few moments to remove the skin and they leave no residue ,because you will most likely get a different drone back anyway ,so you have the chance then to fit a fresh skin to that one, to help the skin come off just warm it with a hair dryer and it will peel off easily

I’m not saying it would cause the damage it could be caused by wind or signal loss but would DJI use it as an excuse. Looking at the Refresh warranty if seems DJI is fair considering they would replace several drones without blinking. I just want to be sure
DJI replaced my drone and controller free of charge and they both had skins on them. I didn't have refresh

One would think that unless the skin was installed improperly (coming loose, covering airflow paths, signal blocking material, etc.) and was a direct cause of the warranty claim they wouldn't bother you about it. I sent a MM1 in under care refresh with a decal girl skin still on, never heard a word regarding the skin, but it wasn't a warranty claim either.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+