Get more from your Mavic
The largest Mavic community in the world
Join Us Now

Just a dumb question

JMC3

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Under the DJI warranty if the damage is caused by an unauthorized part being used the warranty can be invalidated. Would a skin fall into that category?

Agustine

Reactions
Since it would fall under 3rd party parts I would say yes but with a skin it is very easy to remove before sending in for warranty I would think.

Gagey52

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I shouldn’t think a skin would be a problem. Just like a registration sticker only bigger. But I would remove it before I sent it. If they are looking for a reason not to honor a warranty, that could be it.
Regards

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
MavicHelp.com
Would a skin fall into that category?
Yes. However, I've never heard of anyone mentioning applying a skin negatively affected their warranty claim. So, I'm thinking this is a non-issue.

JMC3

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I’m not saying it would cause the damage it could be caused by wind or signal loss but would DJI use it as an excuse. Looking at the Refresh warranty if seems DJI is fair considering they would replace several drones without blinking. I just want to be sure

Reactions: Gagey52

old man mavic

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reactions
@JMC3 if you do have to send in your drone under the refresh ,then it only takes a few moments to remove the skin and they leave no residue ,because you will most likely get a different drone back anyway ,so you have the chance then to fit a fresh skin to that one, to help the skin come off just warm it with a hair dryer and it will peel off easily

hiflyer201

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I’m not saying it would cause the damage it could be caused by wind or signal loss but would DJI use it as an excuse. Looking at the Refresh warranty if seems DJI is fair considering they would replace several drones without blinking. I just want to be sure
DJI replaced my drone and controller free of charge and they both had skins on them. I didn't have refresh

Dharris6891

Reactions
One would think that unless the skin was installed improperly (coming loose, covering airflow paths, signal blocking material, etc.) and was a direct cause of the warranty claim they wouldn't bother you about it. I sent a MM1 in under care refresh with a decal girl skin still on, never heard a word regarding the skin, but it wasn't a warranty claim either.

DJI Drone Deals

1. Mini SE - $299
2. Mini 2 - $449
3. Air 2 (renewed) - $649
4. Air 2s - $999
5. FPV Combo - $1299
6. Mavic 2 Zoom - $1349
7. Mavic 2 Pro - $1499

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members