DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just a friendly reminder

Reactions: twickers14
Checked the other 3 and they were fine but replaced this one.
Not a fatal issue, but it would definitely reduce efficiency and increase noise.
The soft tips are designed to bend instead of shattering, unlike the fragile Master Screw props!

Reactions: CorgiDaizu
Not a fatal issue, but it would definitely reduce efficiency and increase noise.
The soft tips are designed to bend instead of shattering, unlike the fragile Master Screw props!
sure, I am fairly certain i have flow it a few times like that and i usually fly them in sport like i stole em lol.

Great reminder! I have to admit, back in the Phantom days when I had to install the props before each flight, I did much more thorough prop checks. With the Mavic type aircraft I do pay less attention to the props. My bad...

Reactions: michaeldallen1
So your saying the Master Screw props even though they are reported to have good performance, are actually more dangerous to fly, because they will shatter vs just obtain minor damage when clipping a small twig for example?

So your saying the Master Screw props even though they are reported to have good performance, are actually more dangerous to fly, because they will shatter vs just obtain minor damage when clipping a small twig for example?
No. In many senses they are better and safer for the longevity of your drone. Just like Indy cars are designed to have parts “break” by absorbing and dissipating the force of the impact thereby making the car safer for the driver, the design of the MAS props absorb the force of the impact and dissipate it through breakage and thus the affect to the drone body is greatly lessened.

I flew today but didn’t check my props.
Checking props is on my pre-trip checklist, along with checking batteries, making certain that a card is in the drone, and so on.

I also check before a flight, but I figure an extra check at home when I'm not eager to get in the air doesn't hurt. (And it's much easier to change a prop at home if I have to.)

No. In many senses they are better and safer for the longevity of your drone. Just like Indy cars are designed to have parts “break” by absorbing and dissipating the force of the impact thereby making the car safer for the driver, the design of the MAS props absorb the force of the impact and dissipate it through breakage and thus the affect to the drone body is greatly lessened.
I was looking along the lines if you were to hit a small twig that the normal prop would maybe take a nick and keep flying, the Master Screws would shatter and the drone comes down. I like the Master Screw props, I have put them on all of my drones, but the above comment got me thinking.

I was looking along the lines if you were to hit a small twig that the normal prop would maybe take a nick and keep flying, the Master Screws would shatter and the drone comes down. I like the Master Screw props, I have put them on all of my drones, but the above comment got me thinking.
I've crashed my drone twice, with the MAS props, and they sustained only minor damage. Nothing like the shattering and crashing like you might suspect. They are more durable than you may think. I've flown my Air2S with nicked MAS props, and didn't notice any discernable performance. My Air 3 also has flown without any discernable performance after I noticed some minor damage to the tips, most likely caused by the prop holder that I use.

Reactions: HoozierDroneDaddy
I've crashed my drone twice, with the MAS props, and they sustained only minor damage. Nothing like the shattering and crashing like you might suspect. They are more durable than you may think. I've flown my Air2S with nicked MAS props, and didn't notice any discernable performance. My Air 3 also has flown without any discernable performance after I noticed some minor damage to the tips, most likely caused by the prop holder that I use.
OK Thank You. The Shattering word is what caused ne concern. After your description, my concern has diminished.

Exactly! My only crashes have come from using Master Screw props. They shatter upon impact with twigs and such, and the drone crashes. With DJI props, they bend and may tear a little, but the drone will still make it home! Use with extreme caution.

Reactions: HoozierDroneDaddy
When the props shatter and fail due to a minor recoverable impact in the air, and the drone then crashes, the MAS props become the cause of the crash, and so they are not protecting the drone. We aren't talking about the props protecting the drone body from damage in a one impact crash by absorbing and dissipating the impact force.

Exactly! My only crashes have come from using Master Screw props. They shatter upon impact with twigs and such, and the drone crashes. With DJI props, they bend and may tear a little, but the drone will still make it home! Use with extreme caution.
THank You, that is exactly my concern.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
susnzhe