DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Just a quick coastal Dublin flight

Ever fancy trying for the island? Slaps own hand for the suggestion.
I didn't relaise the coast around Dublin was so rugged.

Ever fancy trying for the island? Slaps own hand for the suggestion.
I didn't relaise the coast around Dublin was so rugged.
I actually took a boat out to the island, it's just over 1km off the coast of Howth and is a really beautiful place. Dublin does have some nice rugged coastline, although nothing like the West coast 👍

I actually took a boat out to the island, it's just over 1km off the coast of Howth and is a really beautiful place. Dublin does have some nice rugged coastline, although nothing like the West coast 👍
Indeed, it would be a bit difficult to beat the Cliffs of Moher lol, there and Slieve League are two places I'd love to try.

Reactions: Drone Views Media
Indeed, it would be a bit difficult to beat the Cliffs of Moher lol, there and Slieve League are two places I'd love to try.
The Cliffs of Mother are amazing, but unfortunately are also a NFZ, I much prefer Slieve League, the highest sea cliffs in Europe

Blimey when did the Cliffs of Moher become a NFZ and why? I suppose they would be swarming with drones if they weren't but...... a sad loss.
It was 40 odd years ago that I saw them and still the thought of that drop gives me goose bumps?

Blimey when did the Cliffs of Moher become a NFZ and why? I suppose they would be swarming with drones if they weren't but...... a sad loss.
It was 40 odd years ago that I saw them and still the thought of that drop gives me goose bumps?
It's been a few years, there are protected species at the base of the cliffs. Plenty still do it, but with our form of remote ID coming in soon, they'd be taking a risk. What's even more scary is the people who take selfies on the edge of the cliffs, quite a few have been killed

• Wow
Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
It's been a few years, there are protected species at the base of the cliffs. Plenty still do it, but with our form of remote ID coming in soon, they'd be taking a risk.
Cheers.
What's even more scary is the people who take selfies on the edge of the cliffs, quite a few have been killed

Yep that last step would be a big one, the wind wont help. :(

Hi guys,

I was out of action for a few weeks with another dose of COVID, so I was itching to fly my local coastal area
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Thanks a ton! From Snowy Canada!

Reactions: Drone Views Media

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Famousjonny