DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just a thought for DJI

Lokinator

Reactions
Okay I have to admit I am not a huge fan of DJI due to their BS unlocking feature and the fact that the Litchi app is better than the DJI app (no one should be able to beat the manufacturer's software for capabilities and Litchi is far superior IMO)

But a prime example is me flying 30 feet above the ground in downtown sandwiched between 2 400+ sky scapers and the repeated you might be in a flight pattern so be careful and having to exit out of it every 10 seconds. DJI if I am in a planes landing pattern 30 feet off the ground I am either on the runaway (bad me) or the plane is crashing. How about a 200+ feet or so warning. And how about 1 or 2 warnings and not me having to exit out of the caution message on the tiny screen (yes I am using the smart controller) every 10 seconds. Yes I am spreading the hate.

Love the drones (Mavic 2 Pro/Phantom 3 pro) but your software and your limitations is a very bad thing for us free-thinking US consumers. Just a thought.

Reactions: Jam0ne and SoCal2S
You know DJI don't read this forum, right?

Try to post on DJI FORUM because DJI doesn't read this forum.

Just thinking, I would be very surprised if DJI wasn't reading the most popular worldwide Mavic forum. They would be missing the boat if they weren't...

If I were working in DJI's product or marketing dept and want to keep my pulse on the end user community and get a leg up on my colleagues, I'd be reading these forums.

Trust me I'm in marketing.....they read it. And I did post it on the DJI forum thanks for the suggestion.

And I think because this site is more about drones vs DJI, I like it and so I thought I would share my opinion as I use it for research and to gather opinions. Especially concerning the DJI Smart controller. To me the screen is great but there are definitely a few things I dont like about it, and Im not sure if I had to do it over I would buy one, I really miss my Pro 3 Controller.

Not that the message is centered around the controller but I was more speaking to the over reaching management of DJI in their hardware and software. They have made it so intrusive it often stops responsible pilots from flying in areas where they should be able to and messaging unnecessarily on a small screen is a crazy distraction, to keep having to x out of it repeatedly is an unnecessary distraction for a pilot. That being said the footage is unbelievable and great. Love the drone, hate the software LOL!! I really wish I could use Litchi on the smart controller without having to jump through hopes. IMO far superior.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78