DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just a thought

Like I said, Just a thought. Guess it worked. Something different for a change.

I purchased these prior to my first flight and attached them to my three batteries, drone and battery compartment.

Small price to pay to (hopefully) recover a lost drone if a disaster was to happen.

Retail - $8.97
Now - $4.97
(includes shipping & customization)

DJI-Mavic-2-labels-640px.jpg

What_you_get_mini_1_3_set_640px.jpg

When I first got my platinum, I seen a few posts suggesting to put things under the battery, Poor advice.
I think you may have misunderstood, I would have thought they were suggesting you place a sticker made with a label maker, of your registration (that would mean your reg. number) under the battery on the actual drone, not a folded piece of paper. I could be wrong but I would think they just meant the sticker only.

Last edited:
Newb ?, not everyone will have an faa registration correct, that’s for those who went through a course, or is this related to the aircraft sn?

I printed my name, phone number, AMA#, FAA#s on a piece of paper, cut it into a small square and used clear tape to fix it to inside the battery compartment. I highly doubt one layer of paper and one layer of tape is going to keep the batteries from locking in place.
And why people need to buy some kind of fancy card or plate to do the exact same thing is beyond me.

Newb ?, not everyone will have an faa registration correct, that’s for those who went through a course, or is this related to the aircraft sn?

Incorrect. All drones between .055 and 55 lbs need to be registered and the drone must be labeled even as a hobbyist. It costs $5 and that one registration is good for all of your drones.
Part 107 pilots (commercial drone pilots) also need to register each drone with an individual, separate registration number

Reactions: mavicsupersonic
Anyone flying a DJI drone in the US must register with the FAA here before flying anywhere outside.

I printed my name, phone number, AMA#, FAA#s on a piece of paper, cut it into a small square and used clear tape to fix it to inside the battery compartment. I highly doubt one layer of paper and one layer of tape is going to keep the batteries from locking in place.
And why people need to buy some kind of fancy card or plate to do the exact same thing is beyond me.
You really don't have to think. Just put the battery in to see if it takes extra pressure to lock it in. Mine doesn't like anything in there. I don't think they were designed to carry cargo under the battery,

These stickers are so thin that there's not way they could interfere with the battery fitting in properly.

Incorrect. All drones between .055 and 55 lbs need to be registered and the drone must be labeled even as a hobbyist. It costs $5 and that one registration is good for all of your drones.
Part 107 pilots (commercial drone pilots) also need to register each drone with an individual, separate registration number

Ty, I didn’t realize this and have a new Platinum I haven’t activated yet, good thing I happened to click on this topic.

Putting a piece of paper under the battery for identification is ok if it is secured. But if it's just folded and put under the battery may not be a good idea. If you crash and the battery comes free the piece of paper may blow away. No more identification with the drone. Best to use a label with the FAA # in the battery compartment or on the drone itself and any other info you want. I suggest Cell number so it makes it easier for the person finding it to contact you.

Reactions: Gary Rowe
Those stickers look like the way to go. I’m seeing those faa ID cards for your wallet for sale with some of them too, are those really needed or are the stickers on your drone enough?

I’m seeing those faa ID cards for your wallet for sale with some of them too, are those really needed or are the stickers on your drone enough?
No. You just need to label your drone with your FAA registration number. And you don't need any type of special stickers to do that either. Many people opt to use stickers since it's easy to attach/remove them.

I've been using a thin piece of plastic with the number milled into it, you can buy them on ebay. It's about the same thickness as the plastic that surrounds the battery. I mounted it in the battery tray in such a way as to fit inside the cutaway on the bottom of the battery. The battery locks in without any problems. I have over 200 flights with it like that...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer