DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just a thought

Gary Rowe

Reactions
How many keep a copy of the reg for their drone under the battery? Reason for asking, my battery came dislodged causing the drone to fall like a rock. After some testing I have come to realize putting it under there makes it harder to snap it down on both sides. In other words there is just not room enough to do this. I wonder how crashes were caused by this common practice.

What's a reg?

Are you referring to a printed copy of the registration or just the FAA registration number?

Ah, yeah, you definitely don't want to wedge anything underneath the battery. Keep that in your drone case ;)

How many keep a copy of the reg for their drone under the battery? Reason for asking, my battery came dislodged causing the drone to fall like a rock. After some testing I have come to realize putting it under there makes it harder to snap it down on both sides. In other words there is just not room enough to do this. I wonder how crashes were caused by this common practice.
I have a PDF copy of all my drone registrations on my CrystalSky, iPad and Smart Controller so I can easily pull them up if I have to.

Reactions: deleted member 877
I have a PDF copy of all my drone registrations on my CrystalSky, iPad and Smart Controller so I can easily pull them up if I have to.
I laminated mine, made two copies, and keep one in my wallet with my DL, and another in my gear bag.

On the AC, I used a Brother P-Touch labelling machine, and printed copies of the Reg Number for the AC and each battery, and have affixed my phone number to the top of each battery.

These labels are very thin, and do not seem to make the battery hard to lock in place.

I use a brother P-Touch label maker and include my registration number along with my cell phone number. Sticker goes below the battery, never had a problem with a battery on a Mavic Pro locking in place because of it.

Reactions: tleedom and pvs
Right -- labels in the battery compartment are fine. A folded up piece of paper is a no go.

1548800233274.png

Reactions: WAXMAN and pvs
I just mark all my drones on the exterior using our vinyl graphics HERE Not really easy to miss that if it is every lost.

I laminated mine, made two copies, and keep one in my wallet with my DL, and another in my gear bag.

On the AC, I used a Brother P-Touch labelling machine, and printed copies of the Reg Number for the AC and each battery, and have affixed my phone number to the top of each battery.

These labels are very thin, and do not seem to make the battery hard to lock in place.
This is exactly what I did. I made it very small with the registration number, my name, address, and phone number on it. I have no problem at all getting the battery to stay in place.

I use a brother P-Touch label maker and include my registration number along with my cell phone number. Sticker goes below the battery, never had a problem with a battery on a Mavic Pro locking in place because of it.
Brother P Touch as well, I place the label in the battery well. Never had any problems. The label has:
F. Last /(###)###-####
Reg No. ############
The labels work excellent.
Never use paper, esp folded

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman