DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Just along here a bit

Sky Wombat

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
wandering downriver towards a small village.

Received a few warning about obstacle avoidance. Really! Not sure how as nothing in view so might need to check some setting.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

wandering downriver towards a small village.

Received a few warning about obstacle avoidance. Really! Not sure how as nothing in view so might need to check some setting.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Your flying is nice and slow and steady. The quick yaws and course corrections are not. If you could smooth these out to a slow curve the film would be much better still.

Are you getting these flying into the sun ?
That usually sets off OA and a slight course alteration will fix.

Your video didn't seem to be on a sunny day, but this happened other flights when it might have been ?

I agree with Dale on the course corrections. This should have been one long arc of a turn. Or, make the course corrections, but fly straight for at least 8-10 seconds in-between. Soften up your yaw and gimbal settings considerably. Practice long sweeping turns with the lightest touch. Use the gimbal to dramatic effect.

Are you getting these flying into the sun ?
That usually sets off OA and a slight course alteration will fix.

Your video didn't seem to be on a sunny day, but this happened other flights when it might have been ?
Good question. I haven't managed to get out since that post so will do so in next few days I hope and let you know.
I agree with Dale on the course corrections. This should have been one long arc of a turn. Or, make the course corrections, but fly straight for at least 8-10 seconds in-between. Soften up your yaw and gimbal settings considerably. Practice long sweeping turns with the lightest touch. Use the gimbal to dramatic effect.
Me and light touch seem a bit of an oxymoron ? Still will wait for a wind free day and try to fly same route and see how it goes...watch this space.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
labbasson