DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just Arrived

Welcome to the forum! :)

Reactions: GFields
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

Connect your drone to your computer and copy original video files or remove SD card from drone and insert into computer slot.
Were your videos recorded in 4K?

Awesome!
Yes indeed 4k @24 - haven’t removed Sd card, hence that’s the option!

Sorry to ask, when I do that, prior to removing do I need to do anything first? Or it’s that simple?

Thanks so much!

May I push my luck and ask one more question?
See file attached file (is my very first try to need to practice) the video is way to bright! (Yes it’s sunny)

Thanks for your reply.
Simon

Attachments

• 772932AB-B2B0-4B12-A500-BC6D4BE90896.png
    772932AB-B2B0-4B12-A500-BC6D4BE90896.png
    590.8 KB · Views: 28
Before removing SD card just make sure drone is turned off.
As for overexpose, check exposure settings on your drone and review camera exposure settings in your user manual.

Reactions: Sbw
Before removing SD card just make sure drone is turned off.
As for overexpose, check exposure settings on your drone and review camera exposure settings in your user manual.
Brilliant - thank you so much for the amazing advice, especially on being a new user.

Not sure why, but I was very very nervous on my first flight!!!!!!!!!

As for being nervous just make sure you read and understand your user manual and then watch a lot of YouTube videos for your model. When ready start with some short flights in an open area away from buildings, trees, and people; when in doubt about controls, just stop any movement until you figure out what to do.

Reactions: PhuketAl
Thank you.

Yes - I drove around local to me to find a location, exactly as you mentioned. Did some practice t/o and landings.

Then ventured afar, although no too far, at one point 2 birds came close (although) perhaps not as close as I thought! Spent about 15 mins out. Then came home!

Can’t wait to get out again!

Thanks again for your very kind advice.

Simon

Brilliant - thank you so much for the amazing advice, especially on being a new user.

Not sure why, but I was very very nervous on my first flight!!!!!!!!!
You were nervous on your first flight because you spent a fair amount of money on the drone and you wanted to fly it safely and properly - just as any sane and responsible person should be.

Try the auto settings for both video and photos. They're very good and they'll let you concentrate on flying rather than shooting.

Never feel shy about asking questions here. Just have a quick look with the search feature to see if the issue has already been addressed.

Two suggestions. Get your FAA Trust certification. Have a look at the free video introduction to the Mini 3 on The Pilot Institute's website.

Have fun. Fly safely. Share you photos and experiences.

You were nervous on your first flight because you spent a fair amount of money on the drone and you wanted to fly it safely and properly - just as any sane and responsible person should be.

Try the auto settings for both video and photos. They're very good and they'll let you concentrate on flying rather than shooting.

Never feel shy about asking questions here. Just have a quick look with the search feature to see if the issue has already been addressed.

Two suggestions. Get your FAA Trust certification. Have a look at the free video introduction to the Mini 3 on The Pilot Institute's website.

Awesome - thank you, very kind words!

Yes, have my operator and flyer Id (Uk) and even public liability insurance, and of course drone insurance! (Can’t be too careful)

Thanks again!
Simon

Awesome - thank you, very kind words!

Yes, have my operator and flyer Id (Uk) and even public liability insurance, and of course drone insurance! (Can’t be too careful)

Thanks again!
Simon

My apology for not looking at your home location and forgetting that there's a big world represented here.

Reactions: Coskier and GFields

I was gonna say the same regarding the cost of the drone and taking it out for a spin. I was the same way when I bought my A2 even though I’ve been flying drones for a few years now.

Hello - Joined as my mini 3 has arrived!

Please may anyone point me in the right direction - (watched a plethora of YT vids) - however when I export in the app (dji) - it only shows 1080p - how to I get my 4k option?

Thanks a million! (Just completed
my first flight) - wow this is addictive!
Welcome from Indiana USA.

Awesome!
Yes indeed 4k @24 - haven’t removed Sd card, hence that’s the option!

Sorry to ask, when I do that, prior to removing do I need to do anything first? Or it’s that simple?

Thanks so much!

May I push my luck and ask one more question?
See file attached file (is my very first try to need to practice) the video is way to bright! (Yes it’s sunny)

Thanks for your reply.
Simon
Don't remove the MicroSD card. Just your drone directly to the computer via the USB port. Have the drone powered up when you connect. It will appear as another USB drive if you're on a PC. If on a Mac, I dunno how it appears, but I think you'd find it in "Finder"

Don't remove the MicroSD card. Just your drone directly to the computer via the USB port. Have the drone powered up when you connect. It will appear as another USB drive if you're on a PC. If on a Mac, I dunno how it appears, but I think you'd find it in "Finder"
prefer to remove card, and save on expensive batt

prefer to remove card, and save on expensive batt
Battery not depleted while connected to computer.

Damage to SD card connection and/or its holder is far more likely with repeated insertions than battery damage from computer connection.

USB-C connector is very robust.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB