DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just Bought New To Me Used Mavic Pro

Shorne145

Reactions
Hello all! Please excuse my ignorance but I'm new to the drone world. I've just purchased a used Mavic Pro and have a few questions (I'm sure many more will follow when I finally start to fly my new toy!). Does anyone know what I have to do when it comes to registering my new to me drone with DJI and the F.A.A.? I know I can't get DJI's Refresh insurance but I'd like to make sure I'm doing the right thing when it comes to the registrations! Thanks in advance for the help and look forward to flying my drone and learning many tricks from this forum!

Reactions: mereflyer
Does anyone know what I have to do when it comes to registering my new to me drone with DJI and the F.A.A.?
Register here under Section 336 if you're flying as a hobbyist (just for fun) or under Part 107 if you're going to fly commercially.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
You can also get insurance through State Farm for your Mavic. You just have to find the right agent in your state because not all of them will do it. The insurance covers total loss and they will just write you a check for whatever you said its worth. You may have to give them your serial number and proof of purchase with that same serial number on the invoice. Not sure how you can do that if you bought it used.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Thanks everyone for the help. I'll definitely be looking in to getting the DJI Refresh since this is my first drone! I'm really looking forward to flying this machine!

Thanks everyone for the help. I'll definitely be looking in to getting the DJI Refresh since this is my first drone! I'm really looking forward to flying this machine!

You are better off going with State Farm. Not only cheaper but you can insure other items like iPad, GoPros and the cost remains the same. $5 a month!

Reactions: ramjet66
You can also get insurance through State Farm for your Mavic. You just have to find the right agent in your state because not all of them will do it. The insurance covers total loss and they will just write you a check for whatever you said its worth. You may have to give them your serial number and proof of purchase with that same serial number on the invoice. Not sure how you can do that if you bought it used.
If I remember correctly, it's worth the same as an M2P. Who knew?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karchuandiong