DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just completed my first flight!

Buzz-uk

Reactions
I ordered my mavic yesterday afternoon and it arrived at lunchtime today. Charged all the batteries and started the setup.
I've updated all of the firmware and I had to do a compass calibration before it would fly. It's only had 3 mini flights, up to about 30 metres just to get the hang of the controls, in the back garden.
It is beyond my expectations! It is so easy to fly, I couldn't see a live view on my phone, which I was expecting...
I'm all prepped to be out early in the morning for a good session in wide open space. Looking at the footage it's exceptional- I've seen promo footage but figured that was always going to be beyond me. Can't wait to get a bit of practice in.

Based in Berks, UK

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

I couldn't see a live view on my phone, which I was expecting...

You should definitely see a live view on the phone / tablet (whichever you have plugged)

Did you have the Go4 app working and connected ? Sometimes I have to unplug the phone and plug back in again until I get the usb connected tone/beep

Welcome to the forum

You should definitely see a live view on the phone / tablet (whichever you have plugged)

Did you have the Go4 app working and connected ? Sometimes I have to unplug the phone and plug back in again until I get the usb connected tone/beep

Welcome to the forum

Go4app working and connected ok - It gave me all the details, map, altitude etc, just no live view.. I'll try again tomorrow and see, if not will try reconnecting.
Thanks for confirming though

Is it possible your image is grossly under-exposed - turn the RH side wheel.
You must have a 'live' connection from the other info appearing?
Try a different USB plugged into large outlet - take small side one out completely.

Is it possible your image is grossly under-exposed - turn the RH side wheel.
You must have a 'live' connection from the other info appearing?
Try a different USB plugged into large outlet - take small side one out completely.

I wouldn't rule it out! Given I've had all of 17 mins flying time being pestered by the kids, it could well be... thanks for the tip, that will be the first thing I check.

Is the cable for the big USB just a standard iPhone cable?

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .:)

I took it out for a good run today and tried the exposure wheel - no joy.
It initially had the camera view but about 40ft away it kept losing transmission. I grounded it and swapped the cable to a normal iPhone lead and hey presto! Live view sprang to life and it was still working 2.5 km away.
So this has resolved my issue - big big thank you 4wd

Welcome to the forums!

Be safe and have fun flyin' high... :cool:

Glad you got it sorted.

So brave to go 2.5km on first couple of flights

I went 300ft up and was on the edge of my seat when I first flew and that was fully autonomous flight using Hangar 360

Reactions: deggers
I ordered my mavic yesterday afternoon and it arrived at lunchtime today. Charged all the batteries and started the setup.
I've updated all of the firmware and I had to do a compass calibration before it would fly. It's only had 3 mini flights, up to about 30 metres just to get the hang of the controls, in the back garden.
It is beyond my expectations! It is so easy to fly, I couldn't see a live view on my phone, which I was expecting...
I'm all prepped to be out early in the morning for a good session in wide open space. Looking at the footage it's exceptional- I've seen promo footage but figured that was always going to be beyond me. Can't wait to get a bit of practice in.

Based in Berks, UK
Howdy from Wyoming Buzz-uk, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3