DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just crashed my MP...

Bdeta724

Reactions
Had my MP about a month. Has worked great with no issues until tonight. Was bringing it in for a landing, and all of the sudden it took off like a bat out of **** and went up and to the right directly into a tree. Landed it in the same spot multiple times with no issue. What the crap happened???? Tore the gimbal off so repairs are necessary.
Anyone tips on dealing with DJI refresh?

What the crap happened?
Check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.

Sorry for your loss. I had a replacement using the Refresh express option in 10 days.

I would upload the logs as already suggested. It is possible that an issue could be found that would make it a warranty repair instead of Refresh. It would probably take longer but would not cost anything but time.

Reactions: thapunisher
From what I could tell, RTH was triggered on low batt, about 20m away from home point. So it was rising to the RTH altitude (60m).
You were right at the borderline, less than 20m, it'll not rise but fly at current alt to home point.

That doesn't make sense. I was only 3 feet off the ground about to land on a wood table right in front of me. I had landed at this same point multiple times over last few weeks. I did a flight and landed in same spot with no issue about 30 minutes prior to this flight.

Look that the log, scroll to the 16m 39.1s mark. You'll see RTH was triggered (and it says it's preascending - which I assume it means it'll rise to the RTH altitude). You'll also see the distance from home, 68.8ft (>20m). Either the GPS wasn't accurate when it took off or when landing, or that you walked away from the take off point by about 20m.

That makes sense now. I forgot I had moved over from the original takeoff point that far. It never alerted that it was going to RTH as I would have turned it off and continued to land.

Sorry to hear it happened. How bad was the crash? If it's easily fixable, get @Thunderdrones to look at it. It might be cheaper. I think DJI might just get you to pay for a refurbished unit, instead of fixing what's broken. It's definitely means you get a working drone quicker, but it might cost more.
Your remote should've started beeping if RTH was triggered.

Reactions: Former Member
Sorry to hear it happened. How bad was the crash? If it's easily fixable, get @Thunderdrones to look at it. It might be cheaper. I think DJI might just get you to pay for a refurbished unit, instead of fixing what's broken. It's definitely means you get a working drone quicker, but it might cost more.
Your remote should've started beeping if RTH was triggered.

I appreciate that @RayOZ

When I first started flying, I had a similar incident. What is the altitude you have set for RTH? In my case, I was just a few feet off the ground and within feet of me. Because I was so close, I wasn’t worried about battery level. What I missed being brand new is that when the battery hit too low, RTH automatically initiated and my bird went straight up into the tree canopy (Had the altitude set at 40 meters).

So, is it possible this is what happened to you? RTH will cause your bird to fly up to the altitude you have set. If it’s higher than your set point, it will maintain that height until over the landing spot.

From what I could tell, RTH was triggered on low batt, about 20m away from home point. So it was rising to the RTH altitude (60m).
You were right at the borderline, less than 20m, it'll not rise but fly at current alt to home point.

This is good information. It happens very often, and has the pilot shrugging his/her shoulders wondering what happened.

This is good information. It happens very often, and has the pilot shrugging his/her shoulders wondering what happened.

I wished (at the time) a little bit more of a delay before RTH. By the time I realized what was happening, I was sawing tree limbs lol.

Reactions: Former Member
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS