DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 4 Just Create Something!

smbishop

Flying in Texas
Premium Pilot
Reactions
There us is so much discussion about sensors, motion blur, ISO, Shutter Speed, ND filters., etc.
I have recently started following Ted Nemeth's channel. What an inspiration to just go out there and create something. Set it on auto and go. Is my video perfect? No, but I had fun filming and editing.

Last edited:
I know a lot of my videos are junk, BUT I had fun flying and that is what its about for me. I like your attitude.
As do I. I cannot count how many times and how many projects (flying and otherwise) I have put off forever because I wanted it to be “perfect.” The countless hours of research, thought, followed by more research and purchases etc., etc.

As you have masterfully suggested, just get out and fly safely, shoot and afterwards, maybe refine the process using some great tips.

In a forum already chock full of fantastic counsel from so many generous and knowledgeable people, this advice is diamond

As do I. I cannot count how many times and how many projects (flying and otherwise) I have put off forever because I wanted it to be “perfect.” The countless hours of research, thought, followed by more research and purchases etc., etc.

As you have masterfully suggested, just get out and fly safely, shoot and afterwards, maybe refine the process using some great tips.

In a forum already chock full of fantastic counsel from so many generous and knowledgeable people, this advice is diamond

I continue to learn so much from this site! Sometimes I go down the rabbit hole of trying to understand everything, and now, sometimes, I just go out and play with my "Flying Camera". :)

@smbishop ,i will be the first to admit, that as far as the photography, and video editing aspects of this hobby are concerned ,then i have always left the drone on auto modes ,and i do not do post editing of my videos
each of us is different ,and we all have different reasons for flying ,that is the great part of drone flying ,there is something for everyone

@smbishop ,i will be the first to admit, that as far as the photography, and video editing aspects of this hobby are concerned ,then i have always left the drone on auto modes ,and i do not do post editing of my videos
each of us is different ,and we all have different reasons for flying ,that is the great part of drone flying ,there is something for everyone

I totally agree! Sometimes I wonder if us 'older' people enjoy the awe and wonder of technology because we did not grow up with it and lived through the evolution...

I really enjoyed your video and the advice which went with it. Striving for perfection is always a looser, because none of us ever achieve it. But it is possible to have a lot of fun with these little toys and the joy of that exploration is evident in your video. Thanks for the good advice and sharing the video. I particularly enjoyed the 'running' near the end. Great editing.

I really enjoyed your video and the advice which went with it. Striving for perfection is always a looser, because none of us ever achieve it. But it is possible to have a lot of fun with these little toys and the joy of that exploration is evident in your video. Thanks for the good advice and sharing the video. I particularly enjoyed the 'running' near the end. Great editing.

Thank you for your positive comments! :)

I totally agree! Sometimes I wonder if us 'older' people enjoy the awe and wonder of technology because we did not grow up with it and lived through the evolution...
That is exactly what I think. Growing up, sometimes the neighbor kids had the latest and greatest. Now that I am older, I can have this whirly bird gizmo WITH a camera which is so fun to fly & get a way different perspective of my world. I still get amazed everything it launches. I hope I don't ever lose that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne