DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just got a GoPro hero 4 Black New? From amazon but.

DroneJI

Reactions
I ordered a What was supposed to be a New GoPro 4 Hero black from amazon only third party sellers had them. I checked the sellers ratings 98% but I got a damaged abused camera that was obviously bad before I even opened the clear case, the lcd had a rainbow in the bottom right corner the power button and silver face had melted (I think it was overheating in a case) there was a Wasabi battery in the box, I did get it to power up for a minute and it’s SSID was Wilsonsgopro hmmm so Wilson purchased a new GoPro from amazon and put his old GoPro back in the box, took the oem battery and put a old Wasabi battery in the box, kept the usb cable then returned it to amazon or the third party seller I don’t know how amazon deals with 3rd party returns? Do they put them back in the sellers bin if they think its unused? Amazon immediately refunded my purchase and is going to investigate this! I ordered a Factory Refurbished and hope it works out? I’m afraid to try to order another “New “ GoPro from a third party seller after this! Has anyone purchased a factory refurbished GoPro from amazon? I stayed away from the new ones initially and ordered new because of a lot of bad reviews on the used and refurbished, this seller says it’s refurbished by GoPro! We’ll see what happens Monday when it arrives, I hope this doesn’t turn into another Box of rocks thing with amazon. If I get burned again I guess I will have to buy from GoPros website next and pay a little more. Or just get a 5 or 6 GoPro. From BestBuy

Last edited:
Sorry for your bad luck. When I bought my new GoPro 4, it also had the rainbow look in the lcd. I think that's normal. Thats the good thing about buying from amazon. Their return process is great

Reactions: DroneJI
Hope it gets sorted, I was a bit nervous buying from Amazon third party sellers so sometimes go direct to GoPro. They often throw some other things in too.

that's why if it is low cost small items, I prefer buying used from local CL, or fb marketplace, that way I can check before buying..

You can get factory refurbished ones cheap on ebay. The 4 black was recently selling at $150.

Sorry for your bad luck. When I bought my new GoPro 4, it also had the rainbow look in the lcd. I think that's normal. Thats the good thing about buying from amazon. Their return process is great

That’s what I was hoping but it turned out it was a used camera someone named Wilson put back in the package the lcd was definitely damaged I could hardly see it while it was on ! A Refurbished one is expected Monday.

that's why if it is low cost small items, I prefer buying used from local CL, or fb marketplace, that way I can check before buying..

I wish that was a option. But I live pretty far from a decent size town no retail place to buy something like this used even FB market place the best I found was 60 miles into another state.

You can get factory refurbished ones cheap on ebay. The 4 black was recently selling at $150.

I couldn’t find one that cheap I did order a Refurbished one for $170 on Amazon waiting to get it Monday hope it’s in good shape the seller has it listed as GoPro factory Refurbished. They are supposed to Carry a good warranty I’ll see if it’s legitimate when it arrives guess I have to call GoPro with it’s serial number to see?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smittysflying