DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just got my first FAA authorization

BluecornNM

Reactions
I'm currently flying under recreational rules. My home is .04 miles from class D airspace as a small airport is nearby, without LAANC. I can ascend and fly East but going West has been off the table. On a whim I filed an authorization request on dronezone for 1 year.

6 days later I received a PDF of my signed authorization from the FAA; valid for 2 years. WooHoo!

It was a really painless process that left me pleasantly surprised. There was even a typo on the PDF they were able to correct in less than 30 minutes.

I live 4.5 miles from a class D airport. I use Airmap to get authorization to fly but I never see the abbreviation LAANC when I register. Any thoughts?

I'm currently flying under recreational rules. My home is .04 miles from class D airspace as a small airport is nearby, without LAANC. I can ascend and fly East but going West has been off the table. On a whim I filed an authorization request on dronezone for 1 year.

6 days later I received a PDF of my signed authorization from the FAA; valid for 2 years. WooHoo!

It was a really painless process that left me pleasantly surprised. There was even a typo on the PDF they were able to correct in less than 30 minutes.
This is good to know. I was recently looking at property near the airport in my town but decided that it wouldn't be worth living there if I could never fly my drone from home. I guess I could ask for the authorization before we get serious about the property, and if they approve then proceed. Great to know it only took 6 days.

Reactions: Skyflyer129
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H89SA