DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just got the goggles.

Robert Mitchell

Reactions
... have not flown with them yet. Never actually flown with any goggles yet.

Any must do's/dont's from the experienced users out there? Anything that has caused problems for you or might bite me in the rear, I need to be aware of?

Thanks in advance for any insight you might be willing to offer.

I have them flew with them already they are really nice and fun I’m just not sure they are worth 500 dollars. There are a lot of other cheaper options and may not be as good but are close. What do you think?

I have them flew with them already they are really nice and fun I’m just not sure they are worth 500 dollars. There are a lot of other cheaper options and may not be as good but are close. What do you think?
I'm guessing it's the additional functionality, touch screen, ability to control drone, etc that justifies the price, that and additional resolution.
But aren't the Fatsharks close to that price anyway?
Not disputing your logic, just asking.

Make sure not to turn on "Head Tracking Flight" mode unless you're well prepared to fly the craft via your head movement.
That's just yaw rotation? Your head doesn't cause other movements such as roll or pitch, (other than camera) correct?

Different as in, not as immersive or effective?
Fat Sharks are smaller, lighter, easier to transport, not immersive, have a much smaller viewing area, don't have as nice of a picture, need to be connected via an HDMI cable, and don't offer head tracking. Does that make them less effective? That really depends on your needs and wants.

Fat Sharks are smaller, lighter, easier to transport, not immersive, have a much smaller viewing area, don't have as nice of a picture, need to be connected via an HDMI cable, and don't offer head tracking. Does that make them less effective? That really depends on your needs and wants.
Great info as I've never used any. Once I realized they were backward comparable to my older ships ( using the hdmi port) I'm felling even better abough going with the DJIs. Thanks.

Last edited:
I really like my DJI Goggles. The picture is great and it's really nice being able to connect them without wires.

Reactions: Robert Mitchell
I love my goggles. Recently flew in 35 degrees sunshine and without the goggles wouldn't have been able to see anything on my iPhone.
£500 in the UK is steep but meh, what else do we work our ***** off for if we can't buy stupid stuff?

Like others have said, I don't like the head tracking - it has two modes, gimbal track or drone track.
Gimbal will allow you to move the camera via head movement, the other turns the actual drone. Easy to lose which way you're facing in unfamiliar terrain.

Reactions: Kilrah
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbee