DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just joined from Hampshire. UK.

Just decided to join Mavic Pilots after giving up on other groups due to infighting. Recently sold my Mavic air after three years use and got a new Mavic mini2 so can almost film anywhere without extra certification and can easily take it with me when out cycling. All good so far with the mini but had to change my iPad mini 4 to a five due to cpu overload most times I flew the mm2.
Welcome to the group from Dorset (windy Dorset more like!) I, too, am in the process of finding an iPad Mini 5 as I am using a Mavic Mini with Dronelink and the iPad Mini 4 is not nearly powerful enough. Dronelink takes some understanding but is a very exciting package to be working with. Mike

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! :)

Just decided to join Mavic Pilots after giving up on other groups due to infighting. Recently sold my Mavic air after three years use and got a new Mavic mini2 so can almost film anywhere without extra certification and can easily take it with me when out cycling. All good so far with the mini but had to change my iPad mini 4 to a five due to cpu overload most times I flew the mm2.
Hi Don, Welcome to the group, Alan, Winchester, Hampshire UK

Hi Don, Welcome to the forum, Alan, Winchester, Hampshire UK

Welcome to the #1 Drone Forum, we are always friendly in here, and will be happy to assist you with any questions, I think you have made a positive move in purchasing the Mini 2, unless you want to get caught up in the red tape of owning a bigger drone, most of us on here have completed the A2 cofC course, which lifts many restrictions, under the transitional legacy agreement.

Have fun and enjoy ?

WELCOME TO THE FORUM - CHEERS FROM LANCASHIRE !! ?

Welcome DonB1! I’m from Hampshire too: Basingstoke. I got a MM2 for the same reason as you: it allows some back-garden flying (as long as I’m sensible).

I use an old iPhone 7 Plus with my drones: and I have had the same warnings as you. Everything seems to keep working OK though: my suspicion is that it happens when I have set the app to synchronise HD images (or something like that) and I have forgotten to switch to airplane mode. Maybe these two factors are just a step too far for the old phone!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters