DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just joined. I'm from Fishkill, New York

Welcome to the forum! :)

I own a Samsung Galaxy S21, but I would like to use a Samsung Galaxy Tab A8. I can't get the DJI Fly software to load though.
This post notes there is a beta version available that's compatible with the Samsung Galaxy S21.

Welcome aboard from Liverpool, NY.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tablet A8, Model SM-X200, it has 4GB Ram and 64GB Storage and I am running The DJI Fly App Version 1.5.10.

Perhaps you have a 3GB Ram with 32GB Storage, the specs say it carries the Unisoc T618 processor and it’s a 64 bit processor. But to be sure, You need to run the Google Play App "64bit Checker"

Is your A8 older and you've downloaded just too much to it and there's not enough room left in Ram and Storage. If so, delete all old photos, music, and whatever else you've stashed into storage or insert a MicroSD Card as External Storage and move your excess there. I always run the Setups Device Maintenance before flight to clean memory and stop all extraneous programs. If you are running a bunch of apps in the back ground, perhaps they are interfering with the Fly App.

The DJI Fly App is a resource hog (rightfully so, it is really doing a lot…) and it needs a lot of Ram to run properly and yes, it even uses extras storage as it runs, even if you are not taking photos and videos.

I am also using my Galaxy Tab S2 with 3GB Ram and 32 GB storage and the Fly App runs on this tablet without problems.

Good Luck,

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada