DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just purchased Mini 4 Pro and I am in Fort Wayne, Indiana.

DanLewisFW

Reactions
I really look forward to DJI drone ownership! My brother has had them for years and I finally decided I needed one too.

I do have a possibly stupid question. I see that the Air 3 and the Mini 4 pro have the same remotes. Can you have more than one drone with one remote? I know I would only be able to fly one at a time but if I could just purchase a Air 3 with no remote it would save some on a 2nd drone. I really like the Air 3 and almost went that way, this could solve that for a little less than buying both with each having their own controller!

I really look forward to DJI drone ownership!
Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new flying friends.

Someone else will have to answer your controller questions… But where do you plan to buy only a drone without the controller???

Fly On and Fly Safe…

Hello from the Crossroads of America DanLewisFW.

Fellow Hoosier here in Central Indiana. 🤝

The models and remotes have changed over the years and I'm not sure which remotes work with each other anymore. Even after giving it a Goog. :D

Other members with more toys and knowledge may pipe in soon.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

The thread is "Just purchased Mini 4 Pro and I am in Fort Wayne, Indiana."

@LoudThunder
"But where do you plan to buy only a drone without the controller???"
Good question I see why he asked that.

BTW,
Welcome to the forum.

Rod ..

The thread is "Just purchased Mini 4 Pro and I am in Fort Wayne, Indiana."

@LoudThunder
"But where do you plan to buy only a drone without the controller???"
Good question I see why he asked that.

BTW,
Welcome to the forum.

Rod ..
There are plenty of people selling new unused replacement drone only with no remote or other accessories. My thought was I just bought this Mini 4 Pro, if I add a Air 3 that also uses the same controller then why also buy the other controller.

I did a google search and found a response from DJI on their forum that says yes you can, you just have to switch them back and forth. I think I will wait until the one I bought gets here tomorrow before I make any decisions on that, but the idea intrigues me!

There are plenty of people selling new unused replacement drone only with no remote or other accessories. My thought was I just bought this Mini 4 Pro, if I add a Air 3 that also uses the same controller then why also buy the other controller.

I did a google search and found a response from DJI on their forum that says yes you can, you just have to switch them back and forth. I think I will wait until the one I bought gets here tomorrow before I make any decisions on that, but the idea intrigues me!
That's kind of cool, I have an Air 3 and a mini 2, and I've debated if it's worth it to upgrade to a mini 4, if I can share controllers it might be.

Still have to buy batteries and such though, I really like to have 3 or 4 batteries.

From what I can see the drone only would be 750 and about 120 per battery. So 1,160 for a drone and three batteries with the charger. A couple hundred less than just buying the fly more with the less expensive remote, which you could keep as a backup. I think that would bet the way to go. The remote is worth 150 anyway.

The Mini 4 would be about 790 for the drone and the three batteries and charger.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Can you have more than one drone with one remote?
You can as long as the remote controller is compatible with the drones. However, you do have to re-bind the remote controller every time you switch to a new drone. It only takes a minute and could be worth the trouble if you don't want to carry/maintain multiple remote controllers.

Reactions: LoudThunder
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078