DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just put my drone in the lake now I'm trying to find it need help

My experience is everyone helps because most know your pain. I do. I've:

1) run my mp pro into side of my house while flying in sport mode (refresh).

2) flown backwards into hill (no damage but hard to access and locate).

3) flown in to river requiring scuba gear to get it out (refresh).

4) allowed return to home kick in while flying under tree (refresh).

Each time I've felt like a complete dope.

Good news is that I've learned much and mistakes are fewer and farther between.

To answer your question, my experience has been that DJI will sell you a new drone without controller through support channel (not sales).

Good luck.

Been there. Done that. It will anything you tell it to unless you forgot what you programmed it to do[emoji1787]

I live next to two airports. One military. I had lo battery status. I flew it back exactly as it flew. Then it said I was Erin a no fly zone. Then it said it was going to land. Thought I was going to have buy another one because my wife would have torn me a new one forever. It was 850 out and some how it landed in the front yard 2 neighborhoods out. Luckiest mf alive. I looke like a crackhead with a iPhone camera stalking at 1:30 am. My buddy was like I got to go and I was like beat it

Just got a text from my bride "your sh×t's here"... I love that woman:p

Reactions: TR Ganey
And here you are... no box just overwhelming bubblewrap and a ziploc bag, the guy that packed this thing must have been a world champion egg dropper. drone, battery and props Thumbswayup Exactly what hit the lake a month ago.

Word to the wise... if you crash your drone post your flight logs here!

Again, I can only tell you how indebted I am to the generosity these forum folks exhibit. They may bust your chops, but they will go out of their way to help you when you need it most. ThumbswayupThumbswayupThumbswayup

Flying squirrel 2.0 will be skyward bound in the not to distant future. Can't believe how much I missed this little guy :cool:

Attachments

• 20190319_175219.jpg
    20190319_175219.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 38
STUFF: Very happy it worked out, that "the sleuths" saved the day and, that you got the replacements fairly quickly so you can get back to flying soon. Congrats to all...

Reactions: STUFF2C
The maiden voyage didn't see much over water time... I'm still a bit gun shy ;)
Ordered a get r back (only because I want closure) and will be talking with State Farm in the AM

Spent several hours making sure everything was updated, registered, charged and marked... Flew like a champ.

I can't say enough about the folks here...

I did break down and buy an iPad mini 4 that I dedicated to my drone. In true apple fashion I have to buy all apple only products to use with. Bought a short after market firewire cable and it will only charge wont transfer data. read an article about the latest apple update that renders aftermarket products useless. My iPad will be the only apple product I plan to own.

That doesn't sound right at all. That's only CHEAP aftermarket cables. I use plenty of aftermarket products with my Apple gear. Don't believe everything you read. That's one of the things wrong with society today. If they read it in an article, it must be true.

DJI is it an Apple product. Apple products work perfectly fine with them?? They do sell them at Apple stores though

I guess I’m not sure what you’re talking about. I have no issues, as long as you use the right kind cables

Reactions: altaic and sar104
That doesn't sound right at all. That's only CHEAP aftermarket cables. I use plenty of aftermarket products with my Apple gear. Don't believe everything you read. That's one of the things wrong with society today. If they read it in an article, it must be true.

DJI is it an Apple product. Apple products work perfectly fine with them?? They do sell them at Apple stores though

I guess I’m not sure what you’re talking about. I have no issues, as long as you use the right kind cables
i tried to fly using my ipads, tried it using my google pixel2 phone, then got smart controller and the convenience of the smart controller is the major factor - no cables, no hassle, you get up in 15 sec.

if you are into photos - a regular ipad air worked very well. i can admit you can see better on a bigger screen. but, SC screen is so bright and sharp - it is a close match.

Reactions: Brizzel81 and ff22
I used to fly over my lake and mostly water before the Flying Squirrel 1.0 crashed. But to be honest it's a little unnerving now... hopefully this feeling wears off. I do plan to call State Farm today today, maybe that will help

Stuff: I suspect it WILL wear off but hey, no rush, amigo. I too have lost one drone and I know the feeling all too well. Just remember Bill Murray in "Baby Steps," and before you know it, your confidence will have returned. Now, go out and enjoy that new girl! (or squirrel) <grin>

Reactions: STUFF2C
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54