DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just put my P3 pro & P3S on Ebay, put pre-order on Best Buy

Carlos de Castro

Reactions
Selling both my phantoms to get a Mavic, and placed a pre-order on Bestbuy, supposedly arriving Nov. 1st.
Does anyone believe this to be true, November 1st? Or is this too good to be true?

I pre-ordered a "Fly-More" bundle from DJI which was a mistake as there is no delivery date available yet for these. I have a trip "Down Under" at the end of November as was hoping to have this by then. Customer Service said my best bet might be to try retail (Amazon, Apple, Best Buy). The bundle may ship before the end of Nov, but it might not. I placed an order at Best Buy and they are telling me Oct 31 delivery! I too am wondering if that is too good to be true.

I was going to wait a month or so, then started reading about the wait from other sites. Bestbuy put up 18 month financing on their site today, so I pulled the trigger. I'm still not believing that it's going to arrive in less than a week.

Reactions: telecam
I actually don't think so. You save some $$ but you might not need everything that is included. Personally, I have a power inverter I can use in a car (no need for car adapter) , and I doubt i would need their case over a camera case or backpack. After ordering at Best Buy, I ordered extra batteries from DJI. Seems the Aircraft only configurations are shipping first anyway.

I actually don't think so. You save some $$ but you might not need everything that is included. Personally, I have a power inverter I can use in a car (no need for car adapter) , and I doubt i would need their case over a camera case or backpack. After ordering at Best Buy, I ordered extra batteries from DJI. Seems the Aircraft only configurations are shipping first anyway.
What's the shipping for the batteries directly from Dji?

about 25 days. We'll see... Shipping is free if your order is over $99. If I can find elsewhere, I'll cancel the DJI order.

Selling both my phantoms to get a Mavic, and placed a pre-order on Bestbuy, supposedly arriving Nov. 1st.
Does anyone believe this to be true, November 1st? Or is this too good to be true?

Some other threads have some stories similar to yours where they sold their equipment prior to receiving the Mavic with a hope that what was written in the shipping came true, but instead it led to the path of dissapointment and anger.

So be prepared if things dont go as you expected !

But look at the bright side, you will end up selling your Phantoms and more than likely get some good coin for them i.e. before the Mavic comes out.

Im sure once the Mavics are freely available, many more will follow suite and sell their Phantoms on fleabay and other sites, bumping up the used drones markets supply curve and hence offering lower pricing to compete with eachother.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu