DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just received 2 days ago mi DJI Mavic Mini Fly More Combo and supose to waith till the 11th for download the DJI Fly app .

This guy put one on a scale and it was over the 250g threshold by a considerable amount.

The way I see it is if you're banking on it being a sub-250g drone to skirt some regs you'd best make sure it's actually a sub-250g drone. I'm not sure what the penalties are for flying an unregistered drone in the US but I think they might be more than the $5 registration fee.
The FAA penalty is asking you to register, please, as they are currently more interested in education, rather than enforcement! :) Scales, like all other other measuring devices, must be properly calibrated to provide accurate results. You can reasonably depend upon DJI to have accurately weighed it before sale, as a registration free drone. It also says 249g on the drone. Cops are not carrying around scales accurate to 1g to weigh your Mini! Maybe for drug weights, but even those measurements needn't be that accurate. However, adding prop guards outdoors will bring the weight over. Leave them off!

Last edited:
yep

we

need

the

weight

please ?

Read the following article:-

Excerpt from the article:-

"We even checked it on some kitchen scales to make sure - it weighs exactly 249 grams with the battery and microSD card installed and the lens hood removed. In other words: it's exactly this weight in the condition in which you'll be flying it."

Don’t forget to weight the juice in the batteries! It differs if they are full or empty! ??

Reactions: MaviCam
for all the weight topics and jokes ;)

seems that the original thread derailed a bit.

Back to the point.
Why buying in advance a product if you Know that the app for that product is not available yet? And will be released on a fixed future date?
just to say, hey ...see...I got it before release?

Seriously? It weighs 249 grams takeoff weight without anything else attached including stickers - there is no way that DJI would get that wrong. With the prop guards on it will weigh more than 250 grams and will need to registered if flying it outdoors.
dear sir
no any pilot fly done with props guards outdoor.
prop guards in mavic mini is for indoor and there is a specific option in app to select cage mode.
so consider 249g weight is right at its place

Reactions: ElginePR
dear sir
no any pilot fly done with props guards outdoor.
prop guards in mavic mini is for indoor and there is a specific option in app to select cage mode.
so consider 249g weight is right at its place
First statement is not necessarily true... Much variation among pilots posting here.
Regarding the latter statement... if you are confirming MM weight, you are correct as posted above.

for all the weight topics and jokes ;)

seems that the original thread derailed a bit.

Back to the point.
Why buying in advance a product if you Know that the app for that product is not available yet? And will be released on a fixed future date?
And his warranty for the toy goes out before everybody elses.

Back to the point.

Maybe the guy wanted to ensure that he didn't have to wait in a backlog queue?
Maybe he didn't expect to actually receive the product prior to the official release date?
Maybe (obviously) when he placed the order he didn't realise that the app wouldn't be available until the official release date?
Maybe he simply got a little excited and couldn't wait to smash the "place order" button?
Maybe (most probably) it had absolutely nothing to do with wanting to say, "hey ...see...I got it before release"?

Last edited:
We are human ... therefore ... distrustful ... Here ... we would put the Mini on the scale and take the pictures as follows:
1.- View from behind (stern aircraft), emptied without more, ... the drone without battery and without accessories and with weight measurement in sight.
2.- View from behind (stern aircraft), with half-battery inserted into drone housing (so that battery and drone can be seen) .. With weight measurement in sight ...
3 .- view from behind (stern aircraft), with half-battery inserted into drone housing (so that the battery and drone can be seen) and with the complete accessories included in the combo (propeller protectors, etc.)
Yes we are human ....
:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:??????

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrDew