DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just received 2 days ago mi DJI Mavic Mini Fly More Combo and supose to waith till the 11th for download the DJI Fly app .

Ho, me? LOL. I dont tink so. I just ask a simple question and the rest of you turned in to a circus and nobody stick to the discussion I posted. If you dont like it, just turn around and keep going. I dont need your opinion, only your help if you can. If you cant help, don bother to write.
My apologies. I was so distracted by your nails. I guess the Mavic Mini is that small. Anyway, I hope things have worked out for you. The DJI FLY app is now available online. I came here just to inform you of that. I did not forget your plight.

P.S: If it’s any consolation, my nails are really short and perhaps I was jealous at the time.

Attachments

• 2B301BCD-CE46-4E36-B05E-32611EC00ACF.png
    2B301BCD-CE46-4E36-B05E-32611EC00ACF.png
    3 MB · Views: 15
It's now Nov 12th and still no app for the Moto G5 Plus. From the the DJI Fly app comments, it looks like the entire Moto line is currently incompatible with the app. Yet another reason to wait a few months after any DJI product release for DJI to get their act together. What a piss poor way to release a product, ALL the pieces for it to function should be available when a product is released.

It's now Nov 12th and still no app for the Moto G5 Plus. From the the DJI Fly app comments, it looks like the entire Moto line is currently incompatible with the app. Yet another reason to wait a few months after any DJI product release for DJI to get their act together. What a piss poor way to release a product, ALL the pieces for it to function should be available when a product is released.

With Motorola struggling to reach 3% of global smartphone market share so far this year (2% last year), it is not surprising that DJI decided to release the Mavic Mini now, in time for the all important Christmas buying period.

Of course It would be a different situation if DJI Fly didn't run on Apple or Samsung, but Motorola, that smartphone producer is simply too low on the ladder of Influence.

For those interested in purchasing
With Motorola struggling to reach 3% of global smartphone market share so far this year (2% last year), it is not surprising that DJI decided to release the Mavic Mini now, in time for the all important Christmas buying period.

Of course It would be a different situation if DJI Fly didn't run on Apple or Samsung, but Motorola, that smartphone producer is simply too low on the ladder of Influence.

And yet the DJI GO 4 app has been running flawlessly on my Moto G5 Plus for the past 2-1/2 years. I'm sure DJI will eventually roll out versions for more phones.

Gearbest has just published (Nov 11) a device compatibility list for the DJI Fly app ( DJI Fly Compatibility List by Gearbest ). Interestingly the Google Pixel, Vivo, and OnePlus all have less market share than the Motorola (gs.statcounter.com - CSV Worldwide thru Oct '19 ), and yet these are included in the compatibility list.

Interestingly the Google Pixel, Vivo, and OnePlus all have less market share than the Motorola (gs.statcounter.com - CSV Worldwide thru Oct '19 ), and yet these are included in the compatibility list.

I think you’ll find that the phones you quoted were already compatible with DJI Fly without DJI needing to do any more tweaking of the Android version of the app. It’s all about the product specific layer that phone manufacturers add on to Android - that’s where the issues causing incompatibilities exist.

DJI Go and DJI Fly for IOS on the other hand are easy for DJI to maintain. There is only one flavour of IOS for any given version.

Last edited:
Exactly. Case in point: my first tablet I bought used specifically to use with my P3 was the Tab E. Something Samsung has on it blocks the Go app (3 or 4) from grabbing USB control. The trick was to boot the Tab with the remote connected where the app manages to aquire the USB before the "security" kicks in.

Before I bought the M2, I could set the E to "always use Go with this device" which improved the odds. When I then had to install Go 4 for the M2, I gave up and bought a used and well refurbished A from B&H. Night and day.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
azod.nem