DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Kentucky Drone Flyers, Outings & Clubs

You'd enjoy it! Tons of amazing pictures and videos being shared there.

Hey. I'm from the Louisville area as well just got my Mavic on black Friday .....
And have got some flying time in before it got too cold for me to be out there
I have came across some cool peeps on the mavic forum and looking for others in the Louisville area as well as Lexington. I look forward to flying this spring and and maybe some warm winter days as well. I dont have Facebook i will have to check the forum or email.... until then Keep'em flying

OK, so I might as well start up a thread for those of us in and near KY.

Quick Intro: I live in Louisville, KY, and am looking for others who are flying drones (doesn't have to be the Mavic) around my area. I ride motorcycles and travel a lot on them, which is why I got the Mavic. We can even include Southern Indiana as well - they're close enough.

Please list your name/info and if you know of any clubs or organizations who meet up and fly regularly or whatever. I am just trying to get some more localized dialog started up.
I'm in Louisville and new to flying....

I'm in Louisville and new to flying....
Hey there Zesta , I too fly around the Louisville area as well... Been down at the water front on several occasions but mainly around the newburg park area its open area allows me to practice some of the features of the MP. I try to fly when i can esp if the weather is above 40.... not much on the cold weather unless it's nice shot ....then i will send her up to snap a few . But wanted to say welcome the world of MPism....lol

So how long you had ur aircraft..... Where have u flown it so far?

Hey there Zesta , I too fly around the Louisville area as well... Been down at the water front on several occasions but mainly around the newburg park area its open area allows me to practice some of the features of the MP. I try to fly when i can esp if the weather is above 40.... not much on the cold weather unless it's nice shot ....then i will send her up to snap a few . But wanted to say welcome the world of MPism....lol

So how long you had ur aircraft..... Where have u flown it so far?
I haven't flown yet and I've had the drive about two weeks... I'm a complete nrebue and taking my time

I haven't flown yet and I've had the drive about two weeks... I'm a complete nrebue and taking my time
yes take ur time there a many videos to help guide you thru the beginning stages
of flight....
But to answer your question I have had mine since Nov 2017 and had my first crash (low attitude) bout 3 feet off the ground.... I went to throttle up
and left prop shot off and the MP took a nose dive the gimbal cover and the left forward landing gear took the brunt of the impact. But everything checked out
great... hindsight take your and learn ur aircraft..

yes take ur time there a many videos to help guide you thru the beginning stages
of flight....
But to answer your question I have had mine since Nov 2017 and had my first crash (low attitude) bout 3 feet off the ground.... I went to throttle up
and left prop shot off and the MP took a nose dive the gimbal cover and the left forward landing gear took the brunt of the impact. But everything checked out
great... hindsight take your and learn ur aircraft..
Where do you fly in the rest end

Where do you fly in the rest end
I typically fly near Springhurst Rd. & Hays Kennedy Park is another good east end spot.
Don't over analyze. Watch some YouTube videos, keep it in Beginner Mode and don't be freaked out by all the threads on flyaways. Practice until you become comfortable with flying loopy, smooth figure 8's. I got a cheapie indoor quad micro-drone to fly when the weather is bad and I think it has helped my ability to control the MP. NEVER fly your MP indoors (it was my first instinct when I got mine and it was raining for 4 days).
One caution: everyone in Louisville seems to want to talk about the drone. I always say "give me a minute to get this back down and I'll answer any questions you have". Most of the time they will watch and wait patiently so that I can pay close attention to my bird. The times I have been distracted have been the most harrowing. Stay focused on your thousand dollar toy.

Reactions: Dgardner007
I typically fly near Springhurst Rd. & Hays Kennedy Park is another good east end spot.
Don't over analyze. Watch some YouTube videos, keep it in Beginner Mode and don't be freaked out by all the threads on flyaways. Practice until you become comfortable with flying loopy, smooth figure 8's. I got a cheapie indoor quad micro-drone to fly when the weather is bad and I think it has helped my ability to control the MP. NEVER fly your MP indoors (it was my first instinct when I got mine and it was raining for 4 days).
One caution: everyone in Louisville seems to want to talk about the drone. I always say "give me a minute to get this back down and I'll answer any questions you have". Most of the time they will watch and wait patiently so that I can pay close attention to my bird. The times I have been distracted have been the most harrowing. Stay focused on your thousand dollar toy.
I'd like to observe someone flying before I fly move. Learn they and and outs

I'd like to observe someone flying before I fly move. Learn they and and outs
I will try to post a couple days before I fly so that you can join me. Most of the time it is a spur of the moment thing. I keep my batteries and controller topped off just in case. The weather looks pretty crappy this weekend, but spring is coming soon.

I will try to post a couple days before I fly so that you can join me. Most of the time it is a spur of the moment thing. I keep my batteries and controller topped off just in case. The weather looks pretty crappy this weekend, but spring is coming soon.
I'll keep an eye out for your post

Hello Marc i would like to know as well, I tried to fly when ever I can i live not to far from Newburg park to get practice and to learn the different flight modes. I also ventured at the water front and big four. it's been either to cold or warm and windy

Hello Marc i would like to know as well, I tried to fly when ever I can i live not to far from Newburg park to get practice and to learn the different flight modes. I also ventured at the water front and big four. it's been either to cold or warm and windy
Sunday was a good day i took my bird out for a couple spins at the park and a couple passes in sport mode. question Do you experience drift after braking? I ve checked my IMU they show good. Also have tried calibrating ur vision sensors? the software hangs up and doesn't display the dots on the screen

Sunday was a good day i took my bird out for a couple spins at the park and a couple passes in sport mode. question Do you experience drift after braking? I ve checked my IMU they show good. Also have tried calibrating ur vision sensors? the software hangs up and doesn't display the dots on the screen
It is hard to find the sweet spot weather-wise so far this year. Sunday was a little windy, but calmed down about 4:00. I used Sport mode for the first time testing the cancellation feature and was impressed at the speed gain. I definitely had to anticipate stopping at the higher speed, but didn't notice any additional drift (assume you mean when hovering?). Everything seemed pretty predictable; just much faster. I have not updated my software for the MP or the controller since I purchased mine back in July. IFABDFI (if it ain't broke...).

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78