DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Kickstarter Zing drone delivery service

Awesome! Great video and I'm anxious to see your first delivery... thanks for sharing!

Reactions: LeeMc
How do they propose to get your delivery payload? Surely not bring it by ground vehicle so you can take it 2-3 more miles. Do you have to go pick up the payload and then fly?

Did you ballpark flight time with the basket attached?
No I didn't do any more than send it out a few hundred feet and bring it back, I wish that I had, and will soon, but some "life" things have been real distracting. My guess is 2nd of May before I can give it a good go.

How do they propose to get your delivery payload? Surely not bring it by ground vehicle so you can take it 2-3 more miles. Do you have to go pick up the payload and then fly?
The way I understand it, you and the receiver have the Zing App, Once you approve the flight, the flight is autonomous, the receiver approves the landing, departure.

I don't care about the business end of this I just want one of those baskets badly. Also, how many beers do you think it could hold?

Reactions: Thomas B and LeeMc
The way I understand it, you and the receiver have the Zing App, Once you approve the flight, the flight is autonomous, the receiver approves the landing, departure.
That's the concept, but there are years to go before that becomes possible if at all. For now the useless "drive next to the delivery point and fly the drone the last 300m" is all that can be done.

See that guy's topics on here and the relevant discussions.

Reactions: Thomas B
I don't care about the business end of this I just want one of those baskets badly. Also, how many beers do you think it could hold?
I read somewhere, 1.1 lbs, which'd not be much of a beer wagon. Physically, three cans will lie across the bottom, but you''d have to soup up the uav.

Attachments

• zingcoke.jpg
    zingcoke.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 22
Reactions: hactick
That's the concept, but there are years to go before that becomes possible if at all. For now the useless "drive next to the delivery point and fly the drone the last 300m" is all that can be done.

See that guy's topics on here and the relevant discussions.
Likely he just needs a demo so he can sell the 2000+ who have signed up to a big boy like Amazon if their idea works.

Now I remember what Zing reminded me of...

Attachments

• 94050CBA-CBB5-40F0-8ADA-709A0B644AF1.jpeg
    94050CBA-CBB5-40F0-8ADA-709A0B644AF1.jpeg
    858 KB · Views: 18
Have you all seen this new kickstarter project? I myself have a 3-D printer and could make my own "basket" similar to theirs. I don't have a need or use right now to actually do any drone deliveries but I could see possible uses like for farmers, medical pill deliveries, a quick snack or drink flown out to a boat, etc. Just curious, what are everyone's thoughts on this initiative?

It's a useless gimmick. How many flights are you going to get out of this on a single battery w/ the mavick? Maybe one. How many batteries are you going to have on hand to do more than one flight every hour or so? How much of a premium is someone going to pay to have anything a mavick is able to carry deliver it on demand? A quick snack or drink flown out to a boat? lol Nice little trick to try yourself for the fun of it, otherwise, lol.

Best use case I can see for drone deliveries is emergency services. Other than that, I personally don't want to see these things polluting our skies just to deliver more crap faster to the masses. No thanks.

Reactions: Thomas B
A quick snack or drink flown out to a boat?

That is such a great idea! At the marina in the summer time, you cant get a dock space to get to the convenience store. That would be a great beta test for the Zing. How about houseboats? Nobody wants to pull up anchor just to get some ice. Order by drone! Just one dock hand with a Mavic or an Inspire would make plenty! And the boat owner would be divine to his friends.

The dock hand could tell stories of how he spent his summer vacation, and I would like to see some of the video footage of some houseboat parties.

Reactions: MavicMikeK
Lake Lanier, not far form my house, is a super busy lake in the summer time. Just think what a drone delivery service could offer. Pizza Hut, drinks, ice, you name it. You could fly 10 deliveries on one battery.

For advertising, you could tow a banner of some sort or with an M2E, you could broadcast on the speaker.

Reactions: hactick

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones