DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Komodo National Park, Indonesia.

Niiik

Reactions

Footage from 6 days spent on a boat in Komodo National Park, Flores.

Feedback welcomed please - having just finished 6 months travelling through New Zealand and Indonesia, I'm finally getting to the editing of the rest of my footage!

Cheers

Feedback welcomed please - having just finished 6 months travelling through New Zealand and Indonesia, I'm finally getting to the editing of the rest of my footage!

Cheers

Cool Shots Niiik.

Reactions: Yam25
Awesome! Editing is done with a sense of humour, I like that. It stays interesting through the whole clip. Shots are very well synchronised to the music.

wow, ride on.

Reactions: Niiik

Cheers
Nice film, did you get any crocodile footage in your travels? I would love to see some saltwater crocodile footage.

Reactions: Stevezphoto
Very nice! Them dragons are scary!

Sure are! Our guide took us between the dragons and a dead pig they'd been eating - made it easy to get some footage of them, but not very comfortable!

Awesome! Editing is done with a sense of humour, I like that. It stays interesting through the whole clip. Shots are very well synchronised to the music.

wow, ride on.
Thanks - it was my first real attempt at editing 'properly,' rather than just sticking clips together with a song over the top. Think I'll tone down the glitchy/fast cuts in the next one though.

Thanks - it was my first real attempt at editing 'properly,' rather than just sticking clips together with a song over the top. Think I'll tone down the glitchy/fast cuts in the next one though.
It looks like you put more effort into it that that, it is "kind of glitchy" but seems well thought out and scripted (I thought you had storyboarded it), I thought it was very entertaining and am sure your friends and family will enjoy it as a video postcard.

My hometown is in east java, nearby bromo mountain. Do you have bromo mountain footage? Really miss it so much...

My hometown is in east java, nearby bromo mountain. Do you have bromo mountain footage? Really miss it so much...
No - we didn't end up getting there, which is the one thing we really regretted missing. We got held up sorting out visa extensions, and had to fly from Jogja to Bali rather than travelling over land.

We went to Mount Merapi instead, which was cool, but I don't think it really compares...

Reactions: ariksaja
No - we didn't end up getting there, which is the one thing we really regretted missing. We got held up sorting out visa extensions, and had to fly from Jogja to Bali rather than travelling over land.

We went to Mount Merapi instead, which was cool, but I don't think it really compares...

I see...you have merapi's footage? Would you share it? Well if you go again someday to java, you can let me know. But i'm going back to my country in next year because i still have to work here in south korea.

I see...you have merapi's footage? Would you share it? Well if you go again someday to java, you can let me know. But i'm going back to my country in next year because i still have to work here in south korea.

Yes of course - I'm a day or two away from finishing an edit with all of my Indonesia footage :) I'd love to go back to Java!

My father was born and raised in Makassar, Celebes, now Sulawesi. Strange but even though I have never been there, it's somehow locked in my DNA. I actually dream of the hills in Toraja, where they used to spend the summers. I'm homesick for a place I've never been. But that's what Indonesia does, it's magic. Most of my musician friends in the Netherlands (not coincidently) happen to be of Indonesian origin and I'm proud to be called brother by them. It's so far from here, but I promised myself to go there and look up the birth place of my father, uncle and aunt. Definitely take my bird with me for sure.

Less always turns to be out more :)

My father was born and raised in Makassar, Celebes, now Sulawesi. Strange but even though I have never been there, it's somehow locked in my DNA. I actually dream of the hills in Toraja, where they used to spend the summers. I'm homesick for a place I've never been. But that's what Indonesia does, it's magic. Most of my musician friends in the Netherlands (not coincidently) happen to be of Indonesian origin and I'm proud to be called brother by them. It's so far from here, but I promised myself to go there and look up the birth place of my father, uncle and aunt. Definitely take my bird with me for sure.

Well i wish you could make it happen someday :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura