DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LAANC advice for U.K. visitor.

twickers14

Reactions
Hi everyone. I fly a MA2 and have done one flight in Controlled Airspace down in Naples FL last year. I managed to negotiate the process successfully (took me about 45 mins) but could do with a refresher. Does anyone have an up to date favourite You Tube vid I can watch a couple of times to do that. I have, and am signed up to Air Control (which I think is the old Aloft) so I have the basics and of course have the proper FAA Registration and Trust. Thanks in advance. The previous threads are I think perhaps a little out of date?

I don’t know of a YouTube video, but I am more than happy to walk you through the process @twickers14
Hello. My apologies for jumping on the band wagon but I to are faced for the first time with having to gain acceptance for a flight from someone maybe an ATC somewhere I don't know where to start.

Best regards
John

Hello. My apologies for jumping on the band wagon but I to are faced for the first time with having to gain acceptance for a flight from someone maybe an ATC somewhere I don't know where to start.

Best regards
John
I created the attached PDF that goes through the process of submitting a request using Air Control by Aloft. It is the big brother of the B4UFLY app. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• Air Control for LAANC 2.pdf
    710.9 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: SethB
Thank you for your swift reply, I have downloaded the software and opened it for a second but it seems to imply that you are using the phone the the software is on as a monitor for your flight as it asked for my phone number which it didn't like. Do you have to use the phone as a monitor that the software is downloaded to ????

Thanks John

Thank you for your swift reply, I have downloaded the software and opened it for a second but it seems to imply that you are using the phone the the software is on as a monitor for your flight as it asked for my phone number which it didn't like. Do you have to use the phone as a monitor that the software is downloaded to ????

Thanks John
In the LAANC system you need to supply a phone number that can be reached by ATC (Air Traffic Control) before and during your flight. It does not have to be the phone the app is installed on.

@twickers14 may be able to help by sharing what he does for phone access while he is in Florida. (BTW @twickers14 has a birthday today 🎉)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13