DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LAANC and Geo Fencing

Baseballbum

Reactions
If I get clearance to fly in a control zone using the new LAANC system, how do I override DJI's Geo Fencing in my Mavic Air?

After posting this question I found some good information on this forum. Any tips would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Since DJI's system does not integrate with LAANC, you'll need to unlock the GEO zone in DJI GO or on DJI's website. See more details here.

Reactions: MRomine
Two methods:

1) If your mobile device running DJI GO will have cell data while you are in the field, you can just try to take off on the location, and you should be immediately prompted to complete the self-unlock process. Depending on the type of NFZ, you might just have to tic a box confirming you are authorized to fly, or this might require you to confirm an SMS code that will be texted to you from DJI. (note, this is separate from the LAANC authorization SMS you get for airspace authorizations).

2) If you want to request the DJI unlock ahead of time, you can use their Self Unlock website from your computer: DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

After doing so, make sure you open the DJI Go 4 app while at home so that the app can obtain the unlocking "authorization" over the Internet from DJI's server.

Reactions: MRomine
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChickenOverload