DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LAANC approval requests getting different results on different providers

MS Coast

That's MS as in Mississippi.
Premium Pilot
Reactions
I need to get LAANC approvals for some flights in New Orleans next week, near and within the control area for Louis Armstrong Airport. I'm new to LAANC, and I'm seeing that Aloft and AirSpaceLink give different responses to my requests.

Using Aloft (formerly Kittyhawk) on my phone, the requests near Armstrong fail in the pre-check process with an error saying that there are flight restrictions in the area. However, none showed up among the normal information that appears for the location.

A trial request near Lakefront Airport went through the check process just fine, and presumably would have been approved.

I decided to try another LAANC provider from the FAA's list and installed AirSpaceLink on my laptop. The approvals in the same areas sailed past their pre-submission checks, The one I submitted to the FAA was immediately approved.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Is there a preferred LAANC provider among this group?

Thanks for any insights and suggestions.

LAANC is undergoing some changes (night ops, 1/4 grid squares), so double check Aloft again. That may have been the issue. Not all USS may be up to date.

Also, check B4UFly for TFRs and such.

LAANC is undergoing some changes (night ops, 1/4 grid squares), so double check Aloft again. That may have been the issue. Not all USS may be up to date.

Also, check B4UFly for TFRs and such.
Thanks. I tried Aloft again just now. On the web, I'm seeing an error message as soon as I open the LAANC page. "An error occurred and has been reported to our team." Same result on Chrome and Firefox.

On the phone app, I'm able to create a LAANC request, but it still fails the pre-check before submission for the southern sector of the control area around MSY, which is shaded differently. Elsewhere, the requests pass the pre-check. It's still saying that there's an airspace restriction, but nothing shows up in the list that's presented earlier.

Using AirSpaceLink I'm able to set up a request in that same area without a problem or any indication of an airspace restriction.

I need to get LAANC approvals for some flights in New Orleans next week, near and within the control area for Louis Armstrong Airport. I'm new to LAANC, and I'm seeing that Aloft and AirSpaceLink give different responses to my requests.

Using Aloft (formerly Kittyhawk) on my phone, the requests near Armstrong fail in the pre-check process with an error saying that there are flight restrictions in the area. However, none showed up among the normal information that appears for the location.

A trial request near Lakefront Airport went through the check process just fine, and presumably would have been approved.

I decided to try another LAANC provider from the FAA's list and installed AirSpaceLink on my laptop. The approvals in the same areas sailed past their pre-submission checks, The one I submitted to the FAA was immediately approved.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Is there a preferred LAANC provider among this group?

Thanks for any insights and suggestions.
I fly in a lake next to Miami international airport. With a Aloft I don't have any issues. Yet with airmap I'm not able to get an approval.

Reactions: DougMcC
None of the apps are 100% foolproof and they do have their discrepancy. But ultimately the responsibility is on the PIC. Whether the app is right or wrong

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22