DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LAANC Approval

DJDeves

Reactions
I found the Airhub website and input some information to get my Mavic mini off the ground near my house. I'm limited to about a 25 yard square with a ceiling cap of 200'. According to B4UFLY I'm in a restricted area but LAANC approved my request. Will my Mini actually start up or do I need to get more permission from DJI or the FAA or PETA or the FBI the Sercret Service or perhaps NASA?

After you get the LAANC approval (which covers you legally with the FAA), when you try to start up the Mini in DJI Fly, a box should pop up where you can certify you have authorization, and then DJI will temporarily unlock that airspace for you. (the first time might require entering a code that is SMSed to you from DJI)

Reactions: BigAl07
After you get the LAANC approval (which covers you legally with the FAA), when you try to start up the Mini in DJI Fly, a box should pop up where you can certify you have authorization, and then DJI will temporarily unlock that airspace for you. (the first time might require entering a code that is SMSed to you from DJI)

Well I was able to start it up with the DJI Fly app it came off the ground and hovered then I noticed the app was counting down from 75 seconds it said it will land after that. So I enjoyed those precious 75 seconds. No box ever opened up to certify authorization. Then I figured out how to start up and fly with the controller only but what fun is that without the camera and all the bells and whistles.

Well I was able to start it up with the DJI Fly app it came off the ground and hovered then I noticed the app was counting down from 75 seconds it said it will land after that. So I enjoyed those precious 75 seconds. No box ever opened up to certify authorization. Then I figured out how to start up and fly with the controller only but what fun is that without the camera and all the bells and whistles.

That will happen if you take off before the Mavic gets a GPS lock. Once it obtains the lock and sees you are in an authorization zone, it will auto-land.

If you wait until the device has a GPS lock before take off, you should be prompted to unlock the authorization zone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost