DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Labeling Your Mavic Air

I haven't seen a thread on this so I thought I'd share what I did to label my Mavic Air.

I was watching someone's MA video on YouTube and noticed they had their registration number on a label on top their drone. I really didn't like the look of it. I had some 1/4" label tape and noticed that it fits nearly perfect above the battery clasp and doesn't take away from the beauty of the aircraft! I put my phone number on one side and my FAA registration number on the other side. Brothers also has black tape so you can do black background with white lettering.

Hope this helps.

Corey
View attachment 31276 View attachment 31277
Hello.
Could you tell me the measures of these labels, please?
Thanks

It does say 1/4 tape in his post... you can then get the length by measuring your arm where the sticker goes like in the pictures [emoji6]

This time you requested another different sized area:
18 mm x 30 mm

Just curious... why do you ask?
Because someebody is trying to sell me an aluminium label, and I don't know if the size it's ok.
In a few days I'll get the Air.

I haven't seen a thread on this so I thought I'd share what I did to label my Mavic Air.

I was watching someone's MA video on YouTube and noticed they had their registration number on a label on top their drone. I really didn't like the look of it. I had some 1/4" label tape and noticed that it fits nearly perfect above the battery clasp and doesn't take away from the beauty of the aircraft! I put my phone number on one side and my FAA registration number on the other side. Brothers also has black tape so you can do black background with white lettering.

Hope this helps.

Corey
View attachment 31276 View attachment 31277
That’s not bad. I think the black tape/white lettering would look better. I might try this or put it inside the battery compartment like I did with my Spark. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
I went basic and just hand wrote FAA reg and phone number on an Avery label, cut to size, placed inside battery compartment. Doesn't show during flight so I don't feel bad about my lousy handwriting. :)

Is it absolutely necessary to register with FAA if you are in the United States and you don't fly for commercial purpose?

That article is from May 19th, 2017. It was true at that time.

See this page for information from December when that rule was reinstated.

Thanks for the update. I guess registering is a good idea after all, it is for everyone's safety.

Could you also help me with which category I should register under? I don't fly for commercial use.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60