DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Labeling Your Mavic Air

Thanks for the update. I guess registering is a good idea after all, it is for everyone's safety.

Could you also help me with which category I should register under? I don't fly for commercial use.

Use THIS page for registration. Cost is $5.00, so if you run in to place that charges more, you are at the wrong website. You can register under 336 or 107 it does not matter if you have Part 107 certification or not.

With that said if you choose 336 you will pay $5 for registration and use same registration number on any number of drones that you have.

Under 107 registration number ID is directly linked to serial number of a single drone so each time you get new drone you will need separate registration for it.

But 336 does require you to be part of an aero-modeling club.... I believe the expectation is that club members will have additional educational opportunities and peer mentoring.

"Follow community-based safety guidelines and fly within the programming of a nationwide community-based organization."

But 336 does require you to be part of an aero-modeling club
While it's true US law requires you to follow the guidelines of a community based organization, it does not require membership in such a club.

I just took a piece of transparent tape and then wrote my info on thin paper & cut it 1/3 height of the tape and stick to tape: voila, a sticker!

FYI - if you do a search and end up on a site that is not a .GOV site, you are in the wrong place. There are a number that will sell you a $5 registration for $20.

Reactions: cyzerman
I just took a piece of transparent tape and then wrote my info on thin paper & cut it 1/3 height of the tape and stick to tape: voila, a sticker!

To fly in Germany you have to have a fireproof label with your information on it. So transparent tape doesn't cut it.

To fly in Germany you have to have a fireproof label with your information on it. So transparent tape doesn't cut it.
Hot **** hell! In finland i think it has to weight 150kg before its that tough. But in the end of the year we will have, or should have, same regulations in the whole EU. So i guess yours will loosen and ours tighten. :)

Hot **** ****! In finland i think it has to weight 150kg before its that tough. But in the end of the year we will have, or should have, same regulations in the whole EU. So i guess yours will loosen and ours tighten. :)

I'm from Belgium and here are the rules even more insane. As a recreational pilot you can only fly a quad under 1kg at a maximum height of 10m (33feet). And only on private property !! In other words you can't fly here.
I hope with the new EU rules in the distant future they will loosen up so I don't have to drive to the Netherlands everytime to fly my Quad. :(

I'm from Belgium and here are the rules even more insane. As a recreational pilot you can only fly a quad under 1kg at a maximum height of 10m (33feet). And only on private property !! In other words you can't fly here.
I hope with the new EU rules in the distant future they will loosen up so I don't have to drive to the Netherlands everytime to fly my Quad. :(
THAT is, i hope, going to change if rules are unified as planned. Now in finland if you are hobbyist (not professional photographer) and quad is under 3kg you have to fly under 150m, keep line of sight, not fly over big crowds like concert audiences, have your name on the drone and have to have an insurance wich is approx. 30e/year add to normal house-insurance. I can live with that, i hope we will be example when the new rules are discussed.

Reactions: Split-Second
BTW have you found out what are the rules for pros there? I happen to have a small company and was considering to get a pro permit, to specifically fly over big crowds, but the insurances were expensive. You have to ask permission every time then but here its easy to get.

simple label maker, print and stick in the battery compartment. I like the idea of a text file on the SD. good thinking.

BTW have you found out what are the rules for pros there? I happen to have a small company and was considering to get a pro permit, to specifically fly over big crowds, but the insurances were expensive. You have to ask permission every time then but here its easy to get.

You have to have a permit. You must follow lessons and pass a practical exam (cost approx. 1250€).
Here are the no fly zones in Belgium. : Belgocontrol Web Portal

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan