DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lake whonnock Vancouver surrounding area

Hey guys check out this footage any tips for me
my two cents: Make close up and also some medium-shots. It makes the video mor interesting to watch!
The shots are too long. Example: the first shot lasts 36 seconds. you should cut it at 0.26 because between 0.26 and 0.36 there is nothing new to discover and that makes the shot boring. Thre is a roul of thumb which says: A shot shoud last as long as one can see what is happening in the shot. Our eyes does "scan" the shot and if the shot is too long and there is nothing new to see the shots becomes boring! Exeption: If in the shot there is an action as for example a dog chasing a cat the shot can be longer because something is happening!
Another Tipp: If a video only consists out of wide shots it looks boring! One shoul als make different ground based close-up and mid-shots. Even with a drone it´s possible to shoot close-up and mid shots. When you edit the video you should make a good mix between close-up, mid and wide shots. This gives much more variety to the video and it is much more interesting to watch.
Sorry if my english is not perfect, I am a german speaking Swissman! I hope you understood what I meant abowe ?
Happy flying and happy shooting!
cheers Paul
BTW, I dared to play around a little bit with your video, I shortened it and did some color corrections, and I changed the music. I hope you don´t mind ?

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78