DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Landing by grabbing drone with your hand: Is it bad for the drone?

something like this?

anyone here using this type of lanyard on a Mini 2 RC?
This is the one I use, though there are many types out there.

If you have landing gear you should learn how to land by usuing your hand/palm. I had part of my gear fall off (I hit a power line like an idiot) and had to learn on the fly. Not fun but you should know how whether or not you like it.

Reactions: Grazuncle
"I always use a landing pad and thus avoid any risk".. curtesy of Google translate
Thanks for trans, and that is all fine and dandy...unless of course your landing pad is...Over There....and your forced landing is....Over here. ;)

• Love
Reactions: Grazuncle
If you have to hand-launch and hand-land the drone, use the prop guards. Not only fingers are endangered, but ears and eyes, too! There is no band-air for eyes in your car medical kit.

In general, wearing glasses (safety or regular) is very good, too. Rotating props can fling pebbles or dirt when landing.

Been grabbing for years hovering M2Ps with landing protection disabled then stick cross-control motor shut down (SC held against my waist). Never a problem, all around the world, several aircrafts.

Now I am trying to see how to do the same in M3.

I think I've responded to this before, but I have to say....grabbing the drone is not the way it's done. It's more like an inverted handshake. A very friendly way to treat your drone actually.

Reactions: lomposlapos
No one has any idea how to do it (the original question)? It seems possible as the dude on the YouTube video apparently doing it.

You have received a lot of wonderful advice. The one point I would add is if you are had catching, position yourself upwind of the drone (with the wind to your back); this way, if a gust of wind catches your drone, the props do not give you a "facial..."

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada