DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Landing Denied

That's a great video and an athletic dog.
I wonder what it is about drones that drives dogs bananas. I was bring mine in to land the other evening and a springer spaniel came charging over. He dar n near leapt to shoulder height and the owners couldn't control him. The problem was I needed to get the drone down its battery was getting low. In the end I had to snatch at arm's length above my head, twist stop it and shield the blooming thing behind my back.

hope you didn't run out of battery or it would have been game over

If that's to me by the time I snatched it it was either at 10% or below so I was getting anxious, it used 10% or so hovering waiting for the Spaniel to 'go away'

Reactions: old man mavic
If that's to me by the time I snatched it it was either at 10% or below so I was getting anxious, it used 10% or so hovering waiting for the Spaniel to 'go away'
no not to you it was meant for the OP sorry we posted at the same time

I wonder what it is about drones that drives dogs bananas. I was bring mine in to land the other evening and a springer spaniel came charging over. He dar n near leapt to shoulder height and the owners couldn't control him. The problem was I needed to get the drone down its battery was getting low. In the end I had to snatch at arm's length above my head, twist stop it and shield the blooming thing behind my back.

Wish we had video of that as it sounds quite acrobatic! Lucy (short for Lucy-fur) really hates the drone, nearly got my friends mini a week ago when I didn't notice she was out and about during landing.

Aaaahaha, got exactly the same situation last weekend, but with crazy kid :)))

First, this is LMAO. Second, that looks just like our dog...part Border Collie and part Pit Bull, same ears and coloring. Our dog loves to chase anything thrown in the air, So, now I'll avoid using the drone around her! Thanks for sharing.

What is a twist stop?

Will that work on a Enterprise Dual?
Probably but it SHOULD NOT be regarded as a routine method of stopping the motors.
I had the controller in one hand, the drone held up high in the other and dog trying to either sushi itself or chew my drone to pieces. I needed to get the props stopped ASAP.

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR9925