DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
Very well done. 1st try. Impressive.
I just about had a panic attack trying to catch my drone on a small boat while we were floating down a VERY fast moving Mississippi River 2 years ago. It worked out but it wasn't easy since I was trying to fly and catch it myself. I almost resorted to catching it with a fishing net.

Anyway. You made it look easy!

Very well done. 1st try. Impressive.
I just about had a panic attack trying to catch my drone on a small boat while we were floating down a VERY fast moving Mississippi River 2 years ago. It worked out but it wasn't easy since I was trying to fly and catch it myself. I almost resorted to catching it with a fishing net.

Anyway. You made it look easy!

It's so much more difficult to try and fly and catch by yourself. Kudos that you managed it on your own. It's not easy. As you see in the video, it works best to fly in the same direction of the ship and just ease the drone in for the hand catch. You have to totally trust the person doing the catching, thus the glove for more safety and confidence. And, there were plenty of "go-arounds" during the course of the trip. It's always a learning experience.

Reactions: Thomas B
It's so much more difficult to try and fly and catch by yourself. Kudos that you managed it on your own. It's not easy. As you see in the video, it works best to fly in the same direction of the ship and just ease the drone in for the hand catch. You have to totally trust the person doing the catching, thus the glove for more safety and confidence. And, there were plenty of "go-arounds" during the course of the trip. It's always a learning experience.
Good tip. I was trying to hover the drone in front of the boat and then catch it as the boat moved towards it. Didn't work very well. I was also considering making a Velcro glove to catch the drone, and affix a Velcro strip to the bottom of the drone. That way I wouldn't have to worry about it bouncing of my hand into the water. Never did the Velcro this because I'm only on the water a few times a year.

Reactions: Gringorio
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada