DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Landing pad recommendation

AdamBolonsky

Reactions
Has anyone got recommendations for a decent landing pad for the Mavic series of drones? So many of those for sale on Amazon look cheaply made and come from China....

I need something weighted and foldable.

Has anyone tried the Hoodman weighted pads? I use their hoods but think they are a little overpriced.

Reactions: GFields
Has anyone got recommendations for a decent landing pad for the Mavic series of drones? So many of those for sale on Amazon look cheaply made and come from China....

Has anyone tried the Hoodman weighted pads? I use their hoods but think they are a little overpriced.
I have a Hoodman because it came for free with my Autel Evo 2 purchase but I've never used it because it seems to be too big and too heavy and too professional for just the casual recreational (non-serious) user. Instead I just have one of those foldable pads, not the one you have to bend and twist, but the one which you fold into little squares.

Buy an Amazon one that you can peg down on grass or sand or soft earth. If on hard earth or concrete then you won't use it ayway.
Or just learn how to launch and catch by hand safely.

I use the Hoodman when launching from high grass or a sandy area. It's weighted and works great. I just hate folding it back up lol.

Reactions: sarahb
Personally have both of these and use them often in sandy/desert areas:

Bit lighter on the weight side but easily foldable. Comes with tie downs that leave a little to be desired in hard ground.

Heavier duty but also thicker, still easy to fold.

Reactions: Dbez1

Bit lighter on the weight side but easily foldable. Comes with tie downs that leave a little to be desired in hard ground.

Similar to my favorites, I like this type.

I have one of the Amazon round ones. I did add fishing weights to the four loops. Works great.
RCstyle Drones Landing Pads Universal Waterproof 31.5'' Fast-fold Landing pad for RC Drones, PVB Drones, DJI Mavic Mini 3 PRO/Mavic 3/Mini 2/SE/Air 2S Drone Accessories Amazon.com
When I used these, the pegs were not effective for me so I used duct tape and old "D" flashlight batteries in the loops to hold it down.

I use the heavier one most of the time. It's heavy enough to stay put even with my Matrice M30 and folds up easily.
I also have the nylon ones with the spring edge, but they almost always need to be staked so they don't blow away.

plywood.

I often use this when it is convenient. The top is plastic so it does not affect the compass. It folds in half so it is easy to transport in any size car. I put a white duct tape X across the top. M3E lands within an inch of takeoff location with the X on a Return To Home.

Reactions: Torque
There are two on Amazon that are fine. Just make sure you get the bigger one.Having left my big one somewhere I had to buy a replacement and stupidly ordered the smaller one. When folded and stowed not a lot of difference.

I use the round one for my personal drone as per Mobilehomer but we use the heavier square one for our County Public Safety Drone. The square one works great but is clumsier to transport. The choice is yours.

Last edited:
I use a circular nylon pad with my Mavic 2, and it works OK. Not weighted but there are usually stones around.

For my Mini I prefer a small rectangular folding pad, but it's a bit small for the Mavic.

Cheapest, best made and most reliable landing pad?
5.11-3655922387.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gplunk99