DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Las Vegas PD boasts about busting drone flyer ...

Everyone of these pilots should face hefty fines.

Why

Has any government anywhere ever done anything that you approve of?
Absolutely, I think the US has done a very good job in many areas including the military, regulating commerce between the states, and promoting the general welfare and securing the blessings of liberty. All of their powers are explicitly spelled out and can be found enumerated in the Constitution. They have done an ok job (but could do better) when it comes to raising revenue and taxes, ensuring domestic tranquility, and establishing a fair and equitable justice system.

At this point, I believe the federal government understands and embraces the concept of freedom and we the people but there's always room for improvement. However, they have failed miserable in many, many areas and in particular, the safety and homeland security of this country for people to live in peace and allow the states to do their business. There are way too many laws, many of them don't make sense or are unnecessary or outdated, and they are burdensome when it comes to individual liberties and businesses. The P-Act comes to mind. Drone commerce and any other meaningful advances in the drone community will never become a thing until this changes.

Understood but I find it to be very abusive when a suspect can be "arrested" and ultimately the charges filed against him/her amounts to penalties that are not commiserate to the crime. To me, that adversely impacts your ability to defend yourself when you could be facing fees that are clearly excessive or potential jail. Perhaps there should be provisions for punitive actions or for egregious cases but I'm almost positive they told that guy he could be going to jail for what he did on the strip. How often do we hear the cries from others in the drone community to lock up fellow drone offenders even if their actions didn't have nefarious intent? In many states, we actually had to decriminalize the traffic violations for this very reason. Let's do the same for drone laws by setting reasonable and realistic sanctions.
I don't follow your logic at all. Everything is "up to" or "you could be charged" and not a guaranteed fine until investigations etc can be made. Then it's up to the Judge to set the fines accordingly. Why not note "Worse case scenario" and let someone realize the possible impact to their wallet and freedom?

If someone gets the FULL FINE then their ability to defend themself isn't the concern of John Q. Public. If they play STUPID games they deserve to get STUPID PRIZES! Quit babying these people and let them suffer for their poor decisions accordingly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead