DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Later Mfgrd Mavics have bug fixes?

RallySoob

Reactions
Im convinced that my Mavic has some bug fixes/upgrades that the earlier mavics suffer from

I bought mine from dji direct on 1/7/17, received 1/19/17. During the wait i read about all the known issues bugs etc .

For example I believe they fixed the controller battery issue by making it so the controller will not charge your phone thus using up the controller battery. When i plug my iphone 6s plus into the controller it only shows the charge icon for brief moment upon connection confirmation sound then disappears. I am using about 8-12% battery per 20min flight. Although sincd i dont fly full 20+ every time I was able to get 9 flights/battery swaps on 1 controller run and still had over 40%. To me thats great battery life and much better than the max of 5 runs per charge i read about.

Also, the legs on the early versions did not seem to push into place with spring loaded assistance when folded out. I noticed this on several reviews but my mavic certainly has some mechanism providing pressure to the arms keeping them from easily folding up on accident. They dont snap or lock into place because there is no locking retainer mechanism but instead a constant pressure seems to kick in after its about half way unfolded much like a spring assist folder blade knife opens

Another thing i expected to encounter was longer set up times including calibrations, firmware updates and such yet mine did not require a single update, calibration or anything other than having download the go4app it was extremely quick to start flying. Much better than the 8-12minutes estimate given in some reviews etc

Any one notice their controller is not charging their phones and lasts much longer than 5 flights?

Note: the only bug i can confirm is the far Right side bottom corner of the screen being slightly out of focus. I can only see it when using big screen for play back cuz it is about size of my palm on a 6ft 4k tv...

7e8927ce79bc8936d5ef6b7cb44d80b7.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronecc