DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Survey Kit

Chapperz

Reactions
Hi all

Would this be good enough for professional drone surveys or would I need something else?

Mavic 3 enterprise
Emlid reach rs2+ (base station)
Emlid reach rs3 (rover)
10 GCP targets

Thanks

I believe with an M3E, a base and rover emlid, and 10 GCPs, the only thing you would need is a surveyor's license. The equipment you have is very good.
Yeah I have come to the same conclusion myself, which is a bit of a frustrating thing for me.... I know quite a bit about trigonometry...but I won't get into that lol... Ya know... Atomic clocks, triangulation... Etc lol

I think you have the necessary equipment. Do you have any experience with surveying?
None... I'm going to take a course from I think it's heliguy... My problem is that I don't know if I'll be able to get the work so I'm kinda wondering what types of mapping and survey jobs can I realistically do without being RICS chartered.

Yeah I have come to the same conclusion myself, which is a bit of a frustrating thing for me.... I know quite a bit about trigonometry...but I won't get into that lol... Ya know... Atomic clocks, triangulation... Etc lol

None... I'm going to take a course from I think it's heliguy... My problem is that I don't know if I'll be able to get the work so I'm kinda wondering what types of mapping and survey jobs can I realistically do without being RICS chartered.
The rules are different everywhere. You may not be able to use the word "survey" in some places. That doesn't mean that you can't learn drone photogrammetry and as much about geomatics and GIS as possible (it's a big topic). There is lots of surveying information available online, and if you're really interested, survey companies often hire and train assistants. You can learn a lot in a short time with the right company. Or you can get a photogrammetry, geomatics or GIS education. Heavy on math.
Good luck!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msherwood1954