DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Launch without phone app

CSC (down and opposite corners) is standard with DJI. Even Tello will start that way (though tricky). It's a good way to just idle motors when testing things indoors without actually flying, especially with other models that are easy to remove props.

Reactions: WooZie
WooZie, it happened to me, too. Then if I turned off the Mini and waited a few minutes before try again, the MM started up normally. I am quite sure the reason for the intermittent no response problem is that when you turn on the Mini and let it sit around for a while, its processor gets overheated (as it does not have a cooling fan inside), and it does not let it start up. (If it was connected to a phone and the Fly app, you would get an overheating message as well).
So try to turn it off and wait about ten minutes, then turn it on again and try to start up with the remote as soon as youpaired the two.
Just my two cents...

It's possible not flying with app also requires GPS lock. I'm finding it can take a long time, like several minutes, for the MM to get a decent GPS lock on first flight of the day. Subsequent flights within minutes after the first don't take as long.

It's possible not flying with app also requires GPS lock. I'm finding it can take a long time, like several minutes, for the MM to get a decent GPS lock on first flight of the day. Subsequent flights within minutes after the first don't take as long.

I agree. Although, when mine refused to start up after a while it has good GPS reception (flashing green status light) so it was certainly the overheating issue. (I was playing with it too long without actually flying it).

it works, i think i didn't wait to pair...my mistake, i flew it indoor today without cellphone, no gps, thanks guys

Reactions: Thomas B
although i have mentions this many times ,i will say it again, if you are doing any thing which requires the drone to be powered up while not flying, the way to stop it overheating is to have a small desk fan blowing over it

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BluMav