DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lawmakers looking into new anti-drone weapons

cderoche

Reactions
To protect first responders...

The bill would give local governments the ability to regulate drones flying below 200 feet. It would allow local laws to be passed that make those low-flying drones a trespassing offense. So keep this in mind if you like to film fires, crime scenes etc. As of right now only California, Louisiana, and Utah have laws allowing the disabling of drones, but if the bill passes all states will have the option. So if this passes, and you are flying where first responders are working stay above 200 feet. I don't think this will be a huge problem for most people, but I can see a few cities possibly going drone take down crazy. At least the first option is to make the drone RTH. The last resort is to force it to land.

Police Eye Anti-Drone Weapons As Solution To Drone Issues - Blue Lives Matter

First, they need to come up with an affordable, effective, safe, accurate, and legal way of hitting that tiny little moving object that’s 200 ft. up there!

Reactions: cderoche
First, they need to come up with an affordable, effective, safe, accurate, and legal way of hitting that tiny little moving object that’s 200 ft. up there!

I personally don't see this thing being deployed that often unless some idiot is low flying near a SWAT entry, homicide investigation or gets too close to a big fire where helicopters are flying around are whatever. Also the cost is very prohibitive for any small department. The State Boys and the Large cites probably will all have em. The 8 man police department near where I live I doubt will ever buy it. Would make more sense to buy another patrol car, guns, body armor, etc.

I don’t think they’ll be trigger happy to bring down drones. I understand that in emergency situations, pilots should not be interfering with first responders, especially when lives are at stake. It’s like drivers not giving way when ambulance or fire trucks have sirens blaring and trying to get through. Probably give warning first to pilots to bring their drones down themselves first.

Reactions: cderoche
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cht6688