DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LED Props

very cool. you get to see where it crash lands while flying in the dark.;)
i am sure it'll help locating it in the dark too.
using 3rd party props and flying at night. the stuff that goes into the UAV lost and found section of this forum.

Reactions: Classic flyer
very cool. you get to see where it crash lands while flying in the dark.;)
i am sure it'll help locating it in the dark too.
using 3rd party props and flying at night. the stuff that goes into the UAV lost and found section of this forum.

UFO crash site!

OK, I'm pulling the trigger on this, I've seen some crazy video's in the past with the mavic blades being purposely cut short so to put these blades on temporarily and keep it within VLOS, shouldn't be an issue.
And in these videos the mavic was tested to destruction.
I wonder how long the motors would have lasted if they had not.

I found these on accident last night as well... watched the vids... bit the bullet. Couldn't beat it, $28 for an entire set. Months ago I would have never risked it. I've owned my Mavic for just about a year now, and after all the crazy mods I've seen done to this bird that that have had little or no issue. It's not like I plan on doing a distance run with them on but just some low level VLOS for playing around. Even when and if I'm comfortable with their performance they still won't get too far away from me. I'll report back once I get them up and running.

I wouldn't suggest it as prop are very delicate and have to be in balance as already said....I will better go on something like this link if your purpose is to not loose the drone in the night:

No the point is not for visibility, its just something cool to look at. Not like i plan on only ever using these for the rest of my life, just something fun for the kids to look at.

Reactions: Brandaloo and #28
How far will the props get us?

All the way to the scene of the crash.............. :)

Jake

I'd love a set of these with white LEDs. More alerting than attention grabbing.

CREE Strobes don't say "quadcopter" quite like four sets of concentric lights.

Reactions: Flycaster
LED PROPS SOLVED. Ok I bought these and they are scary. First off the look amazing. But it causes drifting I don't know why. Gps is locked in. Then you here ATTI MODE then satilites reset then it drifts all around. Up down about a foot, left right back forward about a foot. Slow drifting like the props are trying to compensate. They look balanced but I hovered at 30 feet for 5 min flew around a little. OMG I almost crashed l lost control " Atti mode". It causes some sensor issues too I believe.
Now I tried these first time in day time and it's the same thing drifting. Buyer beware. You are taking a risk. They look awesome but maybe on a 30 dollar drone. Not my mavic. Hope this helps.

LED PROPS SOLVED. Ok I bought these and they are scary. First off the look amazing. But it causes drifting I don't know why. Gps is locked in. Then you here ATTI MODE then satilites reset then it drifts all around. Up down about a foot, left right back forward about a foot. Slow drifting like the props are trying to compensate. They look balanced but I hovered at 30 feet for 5 min flew around a little. OMG I almost crashed l lost control " Atti mode". It causes some sensor issues too I believe.
Now I tried these first time in day time and it's the same thing drifting. Buyer beware. You are taking a risk. They look awesome but maybe on a 30 dollar drone. Not my mavic. Hope this helps.
Enough with the DRAMA already

Reactions: AIRJORGE and Youser
It will look like a bunch of LED mini drones when the props come off and go flying in all directions, kinda like those toys where you pull the string and the little helicopter goes flying across the room :D.

looks like the typical behaviour when you stick a 3rd party prop. seen that before. LED just makes it look 'cool' when it's out of control.

Last time I got fancy with blades they broke on me mid flight. I was lucky that I didn’t cause property damage when it dropped out of the sky.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13